The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1:4 Messerschmitt Bf 109E instrument panel

• Administrators

Hi all,

I did this kit on the back of the Bf 110C instrument panel I completed for the Messerschmitt GB, but this isn't part of that GB. I just built this for the hell of it. Great little kit, but maybe not quite as much fun for me as the 110 panel.

Hope you like it:

DSC01215_zpsbd50382b.jpg

DSC01217_zps7c9229c4.jpg

DSC01223_zps2d71fb65.jpg

DSC01222_zps58b07ee5.jpg

DSC01220_zpsbc9d0e2f.jpg

• Like 4

Oh James, if you don't mind me saying:

Looking at the pics it looks like the lower right instrument-rim ( temperature) is blue? That should be green. The right side of the rim of the instrument next to the u/c lock/unlock lights should be brown. That's because the Germans used colour-coding for their fluid-lines and the accompanying instruments.

Yellow: fuel, 

Brown: oil,

Green: coolant,

Blue: air/oxygen.

Maybe the colours just look somewhat off because of the white-balance of the camera? In that case; Sooo sorry, sahib! :)

In any case a terrific build, I saw one at Heiden, but find yours better finished!

• Administrators

Oh James, if you don't mind me saying:

Looking at the pics it looks like the lower right instrument-rim ( temperature) is blue? That should be green. The right side of the rim of the instrument next to the u/c lock/unlock lights should be brown. That's because the Germans used colour-coding for their fluid-lines and the accompanying instruments.

Yellow: fuel, 

Brown: oil,

Green: coolant,

Blue: air/oxygen.

Maybe the colours just look somewhat off because of the white-balance of the camera? In that case; Sooo sorry, sahib! :)

In any case a terrific build, I saw one at Heiden, but find yours better finished!

You're probably right.

Every picture I saw, whether online or in my books showing period and contemporary pictures, seemed to have different coloured ensembles. 

In the end, I went with a line of loose fit.

• Like 1