The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

• Administrators

Hi all,

This is my HK Models Meteor F.4, converted into a T.7 using the Fisher Models resin set, incorporating the narrow chord intakes that are specific to the majority of T.7 aircraft. I've also added a smattering of Eduard stuff around this build, for landing flaps, seatbelts, wheels and mudguards etc. It's a little worrying when you hack off huge sections of your expensive model kit with a razor saw, but this one built up just beautifully. I've used MRP (Mr Paint) for all colours, such as Sulphur Yellow, Basalt, White Aluminium, Lemon Grey and Syrian AFV Yellow-Brown etc. Also some nice Airscale bezels and decals on the instrument panels. 

Watch out for this one in the November edition of Military Illustrated Modeller (No.79), due out around mid-October 2017.

41.JPG

DSC_6537.JPG

realmeteor.jpg

• Like 8

Sulphur Yellow is the name of the game :D. That paintjob is great, the fulfillment of ugliness, which disrupts the slender, even a little elegant shape of the bird. What is the story behind the original plane? Was it painted for reconnaissance in toxical wasted areas ;)? At first sight it seemed only primed, but the last picture suggests, that it is flying that way. Great job.

Cheers Rob

• Administrators

This is only a post-restoration primer coat, and it did test fly in that before being shipped off to a paint shop where she was given a silver overall scheme and reverted to military serial of WA591.

WA591/G-BWMF is the oldest flying jet aircraft.

• Like 1

Guest DannyVM

Very nice and stunning looking model you build there James, congrats mate, this is a real winner.

Greetz

Danny