The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

A Fokker Going Stag

I now have on the bench for your viewing pleasure WNW's Fokker DVII(Alb). I will try my hardest to keep this WIP up to date because historically I tend to slack off posting as the build progresses. Bare with me here please, LOL.

Here is the kit I am doing.

FokkerDVIIAlb_zps319b9352.jpg

And this is the scheme I am doing This is the ride of Carl Degelow, Jasta 40, July-August, 1918 (30 victories)

DSC_0128_zpse0836b5a.jpg

And I will be using this as a reference.

DSC_0131_zpsd90ddb10.jpg

I will keep you all posted.

Paul

• Like 1

Yet another fabulous colour scheme. I'm sure that this is why this era is becoming more and more popular (forgive me WnWs) - such colourful aircraft (apart from the British). Perhaps everyone needs a break from camouflage and NMF and this is the therapy.

Guest styrenedemon

There is a Fokken Fokker epidemic....can't wait to see this one. I too need to try a WNW kit and the rigging-less Fokker is a great place to start I think. 

There is a Fokken Fokker epidemic....can't wait to see this one. I too need to try a WNW kit and the rigging-less Fokker is a great place to start I think. 

we are on the same page regarding sans rigging.

I may be the oddball ............ I love the challenge of the rigging    :wallbash:   ............... But I'd ALSO love to do this model too!!  BTW, where is the best place to get that Kagero book?

Will

Sorry Will, I didn't mean to ignore your post. For some reason I did not see it. I believe I ordered that book from the link in the review on SP&R.

Paul

OK, now for the good stuff. An update, since I had last week off, I had a lot of bench time. Here are some new pics.

First, a few of the finished engine.

FokkerDVII_1_zpsbeefe107.jpg

FokkerDVII_2_zpsc1860dc9.jpg

FokkerDVII_3_zps194fe4c0.jpg

And then the semi finished cockpit.

FokkerDVII_4_zpsf3d78b97.jpg

FokkerDVII_5_zps35c4ae26.jpg

FokkerDVII_6_zpsc1f0404c.jpg

FokkerDVII_7_zpsde8b5180.jpg

And finally, the wings, ready for the lozenge decals.

FokkerDVII_8_zps2f58ed81.jpg

This has to be the sweetest kit I have ever done. I learned a lot from all you folks here, my undying thanks to every one that gave me inspiration.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody! Well, work progresses on my Fokker DVII and here are the current results. I still can't get over how awesome these kits are. These WNW kits are the best on the market and that is saying something after comparing them to the old standby market leaders like Tamiya and now, it seems, ZM and HK.

So, here she is, as completed so far.

This is the fuse, finished on the inside.

FokkerDVII_9_zps174045b6.jpg

The cockpit, finish rigged an ready to close off.

FokkerDVII_11_zps1b12b45f.jpg

Another closeup of the CP.

FokkerDVII_12_zpsda2abd5e.jpg

The fuse, ready to be closed up around the cockpit.

FokkerDVII_10_zps1bf84ae8.jpg

And finally, the fuse, painted and decalled, along with the wings, painted and decalled. The advice about toning down the lozenge decals worked like a charm. I used Tamiya Deck Tan thinned with 90% alcahol. I hope I didn't over do it. You can't see it go on until it is already dried.

FokkerDVII_13_zpsee9e3de4.jpg

That's it for now. Next, the lower wing goes on, the engine goes in. I hope to God i didn't make a mistake by putting the tailplane and rudder on now. It is very delicate, with a lot handling yet to do. Live and learn I guess. Most of the other parts are painted and ready to go on except for the guns. This has been a fun build and i can't wait for the year long group build coming up.

I hope you all like it. I thank everyone here that watches, gives advice and silently encourages me to go on. These are fast becoming really fun builds.

Paul

• Like 1

Guest styrenedemon

Thats Fokken lovely. The scheme is killer. You know how to tell you have a well done cockpit...when you look at it and get lost in an imaginary world where you're sitting in it zipping around the skies. That's what happens when I look at yours. Just superb.

Yes...I'm a geek.

Thanks everyone. This has been a fun build so far.

Wow Paul this is beautiful work the wood and canvas are great, very inspirational.

Quite the contrary, it is all of the forum that inspires me.

Paul