The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

No crappy cgi here!

smitty44

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DannyVM said:

Hmmmmm.......i have mixed feelings about this one.

SO when I went to see the new Star Wars last Sunday they had a short film so to speak about the new Top Gun. It was not a trailer. It was about 5 minutes long, and it was all about the efforts they put in to filming this. They detailed all the cameras they put in cockpits and on aircraft, and all sorts of fun stuff. At the end they described how they wanted to bring attention to the amazing work these pilots do. It was most impressive. Who knows what the plot will be like, and quite frankly who cares. If you want to see some of the best Naval Instructors in the world doing their thing on the BIG screen in Dolby surround sound it is going to be awesome!

• Like 2

Guest DannyVM
16 hours ago, smitty44 said:

SO when I went to see the new Star Wars last Sunday they had a short film so to speak about the new Top Gun. It was not a trailer. It was about 5 minutes long, and it was all about the efforts they put in to filming this. They detailed all the cameras they put in cockpits and on aircraft, and all sorts of fun stuff. At the end they described how they wanted to bring attention to the amazing work these pilots do. It was most impressive. Who knows what the plot will be like, and quite frankly who cares. If you want to see some of the best Naval Instructors in the world doing their thing on the BIG screen in Dolby surround sound it is going to be awesome!

I'm sure this new Top Gun movie will be spectacular to watch in a theater on the big screen. But to me, this isn't the most important aspect of a movie. I never go to a theater, i have my own Home Cinema theater in my living room and so, i'm most happy to wait for the movie when i can get on my screen. I will surely watch the movie, because i'm eager to see if they succeeded into the fact that the 1986 Top Gun movie deserves a true pearl of the second movie. Still like i said before, i have mixed feelings about what i've seen already, and yes i could be wrong, hopefully i will be wrong.

16 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Yes i've seen this already, and it look's very promising. Still, the movie itself will be longer then the 6 minutes we see over here on Youtube, and hopefully they don't spoil the fun with the drones crap we seen before in trailers in the rest of the movie. That's exactly why i have mixed feelings about the end product. Again, hopefully i'm wrong.

Regards

Danny

3 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

How was the Star wars?

Took my two boys to it on Friday. I enjoyed it and so did they. There's a few "What was that ?" moments but overall I had fun. My sons enjoyed it enough they waited until it was over to run to the bathroom (they're 6 and 8).

Carl

• Like 3