The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hurricane IIb in 1/32?

JohnB

I'm afraid that the Fly kit is your only option Johno - unless Tamiya want to spread their Merlin goodness a little further in coming years ... and sadly I think the D kit is the only one with underwing hard points. My guess is someone like MDC or Greymatter might make something AM?

Rog :)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Artful69 said:

I'm afraid that the Fly kit is your only option Johno - unless Tamiya want to spread their Merlin goodness a little further in coming years ... and sadly I think the D kit is the only one with underwing hard points. My guess is someone like MDC or Greymatter might make something AM?

Rog :)

Thanks Rog. I think you are right. I'll have to do some more searching to see what's available. ;)

• Like 3

I checked Grey Matter and MDC. I couldn't find any bomb racks for the Hurricane.  The Fly kit doesn't seem to have them either. Tamiya's Spitfire kit had bomb racks as does their Mossie. I don't know if one of those would be suitable though. 

Carl

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I checked Grey Matter and MDC. I couldn't find any bomb racks for the Hurricane.  The Fly kit doesn't seem to have them either. Tamiya's Spitfire kit had bomb racks as does their Mossie. I don't know if one of those would be suitable though. 

Carl

Thanks Carl! The Spitfire racks are much smaller so they won't work. It's possible the ones in the Mosquito kit might work. I'll take a close look at the ones in my kit although I had planned to use them on my build. If push comes to shove they might just be the only option. Ve vill see! :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

John, if the Mossie racks are suitable let me know. I have two sets in the spare parts box. 

Carl

Thanks Carl I appreciate that. Just eyeballing 'em they look a bit different from the racks used on the Mossie although they are "fairly" close. I'll have to test fit a pair on my built up Hurricane and see how well it matches the wing contour. Stay tuned! :) (I also sent a inquiry to Shapeways to see if they might have something.)

• Like 3