The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

New News on WNW: 16 April 2020

GazzaS

Guest Dekenba
55 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Totally agree Tim, also I can’t abide “scalpers “

My advice would be to steer clear of EBay if you want to buy WNW or even Roden kits at present.

The Roden kits are available in online Polish retailers for less than £30. 

WNW kits will be back. The amount of money invested in the moulds, plus the associated IP, means they are worth a fair amount of money, and it's just a matter of time before the industry consolidates in some manner to release that value & make PJ just a little bit wealthier. Or, PJ weathers the situation he finds himself in, and opens back up, but that seems less likely having sacked all the staff, shuttered the website & left retailers completely in the dark. Or the Chinese moulders just decide to "lose" the moulds, or even use them themselves gratis, such is the level of business ethics in some Chinese industries - that would see very cheap copies flooding the market.

(And this from somebody with 78 WNW kits, including several multi-kit boxings, who would benefit financially from selling a good few on EBay!)

Guest Dekenba
1 hour ago, Umlaufmotor said:

78 Wingnut kits?
I have 58 on my shelf, also all four duelist boxes. It's no wonder Wingnut locked up - they simply don't have any models to sell anymore.... :ph34r:

Servus

Bertl

Victim's of their own success!

20 hours ago, Dekenba said:

My advice would be to steer clear of EBay if you want to buy WNW or even Roden kits at present.

The Roden kits are available in online Polish retailers for less than £30. WNW kits will be back.

Unfortunately, PJ never decided to do the Albatros D.I, II, or III.  Nor the Pfalz D.III.   Amazingly he made two boxings of the relatively unknown Roland D.VI.  Still not sure what he was thinking.

My biggest fear now is that the death of Wingnut Wings means the death of future 1/32 scale WWI creations.  I can only build so many of the kits now in existence.

• Like 1

Guest Dekenba
38 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Unfortunately, PJ never decided to do the Albatros D.I, II, or III.  Nor the Pfalz D.III.   Amazingly he made two boxings of the relatively unknown Roland D.VI.  Still not sure what he was thinking.

My biggest fear now is that the death of Wingnut Wings means the death of future 1/32 scale WWI creations.  I can only build so many of the kits now in existence.

Roden do the early, boxy Albatros in various guises, and the Encore kit is a delight, and their Pfalz D.III is good.

I was looking back at some old Windsock magazines. The reviews of the Roden WWI kits pour huge amounts of  praise on them, saying that they are state of the art, how the moulding is exquisite, the details outstanding, the accuracy amazing, etc.

I think they are still bloody good kits, offering good value for money at £30 - arguably better than WNW in value terms, the WWI equivilant of Revell - and if WNW kits are beyond your budget, I really couldn't recommend them enough.

PART of Poland offer some ridiculously detailed PE sets for some of the kits. So detailed, they make Eduard look positively clumsy! But they need a lot of work & patience, as some of the parts are very, very small and much gluing & bending is required.

8 hours ago, Dekenba said:

Roden do the early, boxy Albatros in various guises, and the Encore kit is a delight, and their Pfalz D.III is good.

I was looking back at some old Windsock magazines. The reviews of the Roden WWI kits pour huge amounts of  praise on them, saying that they are state of the art, how the moulding is exquisite, the details outstanding, the accuracy amazing, etc.

I think they are still bloody good kits, offering good value for money at £30 - arguably better than WNW in value terms, the WWI equivilant of Revell - and if WNW kits are beyond your budget, I really couldn't recommend them enough.

PART of Poland offer some ridiculously detailed PE sets for some of the kits. So detailed, they make Eduard look positively clumsy! But they need a lot of work & patience, as some of the parts are very, very small and much gluing & bending is required.

I built the Roden Alb D.III a few years ago(my first large scale biplane), and have the I in my stash.  I've been looking for the Encore II, but seem to miss them on Ebay.   I have some of the Part parts (unfortunate choice of name!) and they are very nice.  I just hope that Roden decides to get back into the WWI ballgame.

• Like 1

Guest Dekenba
11 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

I built the Roden Alb D.III a few years ago(my first large scale biplane), and have the I in my stash.  I've been looking for the Encore II, but seem to miss them on Ebay.   I have some of the Part parts (unfortunate choice of name!) and they are very nice.  I just hope that Roden decides to get back into the WWI ballgame.

I'd be surprised if they didm- and if so, it would only happen whilst WNW continues with its dead parrot trick.

Set up an alert or notification on EBay for "Encore Albatros 1/32". Whenever one is listed, you'll find out straight away.

I use it to find rarer stuff.