The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

New News on WNW: 16 April 2020

GazzaS

44 minutes ago, Jeff said:

SEE.............. what did I just say

https://www.ebay.com/itm

Some folks have been asking crazy prices for WnW kits for years, so that's nothing new. Check the box to see "sold" auctions only, and it will give you an accurate picture. The sold prices are up a bit so far, but not too bad yet, considering. Probably will change though, when an official announcement goes out.

Personally,  I only have two Wingnut kits - Pfalz D.IIIA, half built, and a Fokker D.VII (fok) unbuilt. Plus my 3 Roden kits...

Tim

20200417_080958.jpg

• Like 3

Guest DannyVM

This morning i bought a Roden Fokker Dr.1 for the price of 61€ and a WNW Sopwith Pup Gnome for the price of 79€, together incl. shipping cost and Paypal fee 152€

I have no problem at all for spending the money if the kit's are rated at a fair price. I like my local hobby-shop, and in these hars times, these having even a more harder time to survive. But that said, prices like the ones asked on Ebay by other modelers or collectors are just insane and way out of line. If i should sell a WNW kit, i would sell it for at least the price i payed for it, nothing more nothing less. After all, we are all modelers and therefor asking such cray prices is just a big dis-respect against other modellers who are willing to pay a fair price.

I was very lucky, just si happened to place an order for an Albatross and Pup about a week and a half ago.  The only other one I really want is an Se.5, but those have been gone a long time.  I've got just 4 Wingnut kits but I'm happy.  I dont build them often, but when I do I very much enjoy them.  I'm debating on the Alby or Pup after my F-4.

• Like 4

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Dekenba said:

Amateurs.

48113656288_65417cda07_4k.jpg20190622_124549 by dekenba1, on Flickr

48113619516_0d6d4f42f8_4k.jpg20190622_124555 by dekenba1, on Flickr

48113619531_d21c4bba36_4k.jpg20190622_124618 by dekenba1, on Flickr

A decent enough beginner collection, I'd say.  it shows promise, in the same sort of a way a budding 9 year old little leaguer shows promise.

• Like 7

Man........... you guys are pro's............. I would have liked to have tried my hand at the Sopwith triplane, just the regular one, not the fancy one with resin, oh well.... not like I don't have LOTS of other stuff....

• Like 3

Guest Dekenba
3 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

A decent enough beginner collection, I'd say.  it shows promise, in the same sort of a way a budding 9 year old little leaguer shows promise.

Oh, that little thing?

That's just my queue to get into the actual stash.....

My WNW panic buy was just four kits that could be found in Australia.  And that would only double my stash when the final three arrive.  I didn't buy as many because my interest is mainly limited to German stuff, and I don't need every version of D.VII made.  I also wasn't much into the larger two seaters, limiting my needs even more.

One of the things I loved about WNW was the potential for dreaming about what's next.  Maybe a nice Albatros D.III (I've already built the Roden version) or a Halberstadt D.II would have arrived one day.  I might have even broadened my horizons and built some Austrian stuff had they produced any.  And hey, the Germans even built copies of the Nieuport 17.  Or was it the 11, or both?

But I think they were too smart for their own good.  Relying on a gov't subsidy instead of being financially independent and selling what ppl wanted.  Eventually that subsidy would come back and bite them in the ass.  Imagine your stashes had their been SPAD's and OEFFAG Albatrosen!

I know some of you guys like the big bombers.  And there is a guy here making an awesome Gotha that makes me want to emulate it.  But I know I just don't have the stamina nor the display space.

I hope that someone buys all the moulds and pumps out the kits, even those "still in development".    I imagine the boxing and the directions won't be as nice.  I hope it doesn;t take too long!

Gaz

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, biggtim said:

Between Ernie and DeanKB over at LSP, we don't even NEED Wingnut to stay in business. Those two alone could probably keep us all afloat for years to come.

But will they sell?

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

My WNW panic buy was just four kits that could be found in Australia.  And that would only double my stash when the final three arrive.  I didn't buy as many because my interest is mainly limited to German stuff, and I don't need every version of D.VII made.  I also wasn't much into the larger two seaters, limiting my needs even more.

One of the things I loved about WNW was the potential for dreaming about what's next.  Maybe a nice Albatros D.III (I've already built the Roden version) or a Halberstadt D.II would have arrived one day.  I might have even broadened my horizons and built some Austrian stuff had they produced any.  And hey, the Germans even built copies of the Nieuport 17.  Or was it the 11, or both?

But I think they were too smart for their own good.  Relying on a gov't subsidy instead of being financially independent and selling what ppl wanted.  Eventually that subsidy would come back and bite them in the ass.  Imagine your stashes had their been SPAD's and OEFFAG Albatrosen!

I know some of you guys like the big bombers.  And there is a guy here making an awesome Gotha that makes me want to emulate it.  But I know I just don't have the stamina nor the display space.

I hope that someone buys all the moulds and pumps out the kits, even those "still in development".    I imagine the boxing and the directions won't be as nice.  I hope it doesn;t take too long!

Gaz

Yes this part right here Gaz....

Now my focus is on the ZM offerings, but my two favs are ZM and WNW.

• Like 5

Guest Dekenba

In the interests of full disclosure:

48113616091_855ba9d800_4k.jpg20190622_124537 by dekenba1, on Flickr

48113654968_dbee2e110c_4k.jpg20190622_124526 by dekenba1, on Flickr

48113611851_badd6c7026_4k.jpg20190622_124541 by dekenba1, on Flickr

48103737141_a52b352909_4k.jpg20190621_142303 by dekenba1, on Flickr

48259389557_a7c953ef73_4k.jpg20190711_194524 by dekenba1, on Flickr

11 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

:rofl:

I'm going to have to sell some of them at some point, but it's so difficult to decide what to get rid of first....

Crappy.

But thats how it works.

Bash one and all of a sudden you are bashing all.

And its not up to you to decide that , its decided for you and you are marked.

In my life I have watched many failures , some are personal some are professional some are within my control some arent.

WNW 's dilemma is playing out , I'll watch and wait for that.

I thought this was locked?

• Administrators

OK. I’m going to do something here that I don’t normally do. 
I’m going to prune a post. 
As much as some people may or may not have issues with personalities on other forums, we just can’t be posting PMs from other forums on this forum. They’re personal and confidential. 
One thing I’ve found out since starting moderating here is that it’s a balancing game. Too far? Not far enough?  
As everyone here knows, we let threads run here, we don’t generally shut stuff down, nor do we prune stuff. 

But let’s not drop to the level of personal attacks. The gentleman in question over on TOS, we’ll, let’s just say he ain’t on my Christmas List, but I’m not into public humiliation either. 

let’s chill, folks. The thread is open, but I’m gonna contribute greatly and watch it closely. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dekenba said:

In the interests of full disclosure:

I'm going to have to sell some of them at some point, but it's so difficult to decide what to get rid of first....

That is gooooood looking stash, my friend!!

• Like 1