Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

1:32 scale - Siemens-Schuckert D.III

Hi all,
The figures, which the ‘Aviattic’ “GötterdÄmmerung” pilot and airman set (ATTRES 024).
All painted with 'Tamiya' acrylics with metal fitting using 'Mr. Colour' enamels.
The ladder was base coated with 'AK Interactive' Wood wash (AK 263)
'Tamiya' Weathering Master sets A, D and E used for dirt/stains.

Just awaiting the propeller from Alex at 'ProperPlane' and the display case (due tomorrow,

Mike

PS:  Is it just me but after I'd finished I thought 'the pilot reminds me of someone'.

tora.jpg 

figsdone1.jpg 

figsdone2.jpg 

figsdone3.jpg 

figsdone4.jpg 

• Like 4

Hi all,
All I need to complete this model now is the wood laminate propeller from 'ProperPlane', which is on it's way.
This propeller profile is slightly different to the kit propeller, which it seems is not quite correct.
As such I'll probably need to re-profile the 'Loon Models' resin spinner I've used, as it is made to fit the kit spinner.

I'll post up photos of the completed model once its complete.

I'd like to thank everyone for their encouragement and comments.

Mike 

• Like 2

Thank you Mike for taking us on the ride. Like always it was a pleasure to follow your build, with all the reference and skillful scratching/modelling of yours. This time was different to me, because I built a pair of 1/48 SSW's parallel to your build. It was coincidence, because mine were more testbeds to learn new techniques, than your artful masterpiece, but I learned a lot, not only building wise, but about the original too.
When I'm grown up, I may build a 1/32 SSW as well, because I simply like the design of the plane and the colourful paintjobs.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

On 7/26/2020 at 4:40 PM, sandbagger said:

Hi all,
The figures, which the ‘Aviattic’ “GötterdÄmmerung” pilot and airman set (ATTRES 024).
All painted with 'Tamiya' acrylics with metal fitting using 'Mr. Colour' enamels.
The ladder was base coated with 'AK Interactive' Wood wash (AK 263)
'Tamiya' Weathering Master sets A, D and E used for dirt/stains.

Just awaiting the propeller from Alex at 'ProperPlane' and the display case (due tomorrow,

Mike

PS:  Is it just me but after I'd finished I thought 'the pilot reminds me of someone'.

tora.jpg 

figsdone1.jpg 

figsdone2.jpg 

figsdone3.jpg 

figsdone4.jpg 

Wow, very nice !....harv :popcorn:

• Like 1