The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

WORKSHOPS

krow113

A number of process's take place within the walls of my home. Here is where the modelling takes place:

wshop0001_zps2a3cfb94.jpg

Here is where the graphic arts work takes place:

wshop10001_zps6cba2e1e.jpg

You will see the 30" digital printer, I am waiting for my HK B-17 ,from wht I understand the instructions are in a small format ,the first thing I will do is scan and print them out large enough to be used easily. This is also where I make custom masks and decals for guys/dolls building singular subjects where these items are not readily availoable.

Thank you ,Steve

• Like 2

A number of process's take place within the walls of my home. Here is where the modelling takes place:

wshop0001_zps2a3cfb94.jpg

Here is where the graphic arts work takes place:

wshop10001_zps6cba2e1e.jpg

You will see the 30" digital printer, I am waiting for my HK B-17 ,from wht I understand the instructions are in a small format ,the first thing I will do is scan and print them out large enough to be used easily. This is also where I make custom masks and decals for guys/dolls building singular subjects where these items are not readily availoable.

Thank you ,Steve

I did get my edition of HK Models 1/32 B-17. The instructions are small but I can see them with my glasses on ,which I wear at the model bench anyway. So I thought I would use my graphic arts skills and equipment , excellent scanner , programs and output equipment (30" digital printer) to scan and enlarge a number of drawings I have in my B-17 reference library.These would include ,at this point , fuselage 3 views and instrument panel frontal photo's and drawings. The purpose of this work will be to satisfy my own (morbid?) curiosity regarding this killer kit. I point out that I will be scanning a selection of drawings rather than just one set ,this will enable a more comprehensive comparison ,not only of the drawings , but the kit as well. It'll be a lot of work ,but my skills are sharp. I do have one more book to order so the process will take some time.

I do this all the time for my signwork ,so its easy enough for me.

I am sure as hell I will NOT put my findings on this forum or any other , if anyone is interested in input or the results feel free to pm me.

I see that threads regarding the B-17, on another similar forum to this one , can still go south without input from krow113!! Is that right or wrong? , I dunno,  although I stand by my comments regarding "definitive statements" .

t2.jpg

Thank you ,Steve

Well, I for one will be interested to see what you can do with this monster...is the pic above the one you will be replicating?

How would youdeal with the nose art?,a drawing program and then an ALPs type of decal?

Looking forward to this,

P

Joker ,  Rick  - Thanks -

The subject shown is for my 1/48 Fortress build . I got the 1/32 kit to solve some of the research problems I have encountered in the 1/48 kit.

It will be a long while before I start the 1/32 kit, being over 1/2 way into the 1/48 build and the dio for that. I will be scanning drawings and doing some comparisons on the 1/32 kit , just waiting for one book to arrive.

I have already done a set of  masks for the 1/32 kit , with NA decals as well ,they can be seen here:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=38905&page=30

ALPS is out ,most NA have a 'cloud' sprayed behind , or I could produce on white decal paper and tone down with the airbrush after. Lots of ways to do something , there is very little that is 'new' in modelling techniques.

Did get my paint shop set up, looks a little tight but it'll work:

pshop0001_zps8f9e891e.jpg

• 1 month later...