Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Tamiya Spitfire Mk.IXc

Although I still have a little "tweaking" to do, (namely re-fashion an antenna mast and add an IFF antenna), here is the first 1/32nd aircraft I've built in almost 30 years! I've named the diorama "Falcon At Rest". It depicts the last model Spitfire flown by RCAF pilot George Buerling during the defense of Malta.

20130916_101907-1_zps90261090.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind words!

@ Jamme & Harv, I have a couple more I'll try to post today.

@Geoff, very smooth build. Just a couple minor hiccups I've learned from. One is I'm not fond of the individual exhausts. I had a hard time lining them up, then they would fall off if bumped too hard. I even used superglue! Besides that, and somehow losing the antenna mast, a fun aircraft to build.

• Like 1

As I mentioned before, the only issue I had was with the exhaust. Not a big fan of having to glue each manifold in place. The only thing I added were True Details weighted wheels and Barracuda decals. Otherwise, it's OOB. Very impressed, and pleased with the engineering of this kit. Here's some more pics as promised. Of course the obligatory right, left, and overhead views.

20130919_095121-1_zpsa1bfab31.jpg

20130919_095329-1_zps80048c01.jpg

20130919_095108-1_zps3756fdc6.jpg

Here's a look into the cockpit. The PE came with the kit.

20130919_095153_zpsf24f1cf1.jpg

20130919_095217_zps84ded967.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 3

Thanks guys. Since my surgery, my fingers have temporarily lost their finer motor skills, so I've had to shelve the WNW Albatros. Meanwhile, maybe I'll finally finish my M7 Priest diorama, or my 120mm Roman Legionnaire, (120mm is large scale, right? :rolleyes: ), or plan my HK B-17 assembly. Maybe even work on my new HO railroad layout plan....

Can you tell I like to multi-task? Actually, it keeps me from getting burnt out on any one project.

Once my fingers start to behave again, I'll be able to get back into the detail work I love so much.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

lawman56, on 25 Sept 2013 - 9:02 PM, said:

Thanks guys. Since my surgery, my fingers have temporarily lost their finer motor skills, so I've had to shelve the WNW Albatros. Meanwhile, maybe I'll finally finish my M7 Priest diorama, or my 120mm Roman Legionnaire, (120mm is large scale, right? :rolleyes: ), or plan my HK B-17 assembly. Maybe even work on my new HO railroad layout plan....

Can you tell I like to multi-task? Actually, it keeps me from getting burnt out on any one project.

Once my fingers start to behave again, I'll be able to get back into the detail work I love so much.

Maybe you should have started on a couple of jugs, after surgery to get your "feeling" back.....  ;)

( For those with a dirty mind, I meant the P-47's, big planes with big parts..... :) )

Nice build by the way......

• Like 1

Maybe you should have started on a couple of jugs, after surgery to get your "feeling" back.....  ;)

( For those with a dirty mind, I meant the P-47's, big planes with big parts..... :) )

Nice build by the way......

Thanks,

Ironically, I do have plans for a "jug" or two in the works, but I need to finish my other stuff in order to clear enough room for that HK B-17! I've also been leaning very heavily towards getting a G.50 Frecca from Special Hobby, thanks to Doogs! :rolleyes: