Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

1/16 Trumpeter T-34

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

With the need for more armour I pulled this from the shelf of DOOOOOMMM!

I started this build maybe 10 years ago. Did the interior, engine and then lost interest.

Still haven't gained quite enough interest to really pick this up, but maybe if someone posts his (or unlikely hers) rendering of this kit, I might get back into gear.

The barrel is after market. Forgot what brand. 10 yrs ago and all..

So.. anyone ever finished one of these???

Cheers,

Jeroen

null_zpse91ffce2.jpg

null_zpsd67246c9.jpg

null_zps1709de95.jpg

• Administrators

Looking good, Jeroen! But for XXXXXX's sake, cut those molten fenders off and replace them with suitably mangled PE ones! :)

Oh and finish the beast, it's worth it!

That's a 40 dollar Part PE set w'ere talking here! I'll think about it. Need to see some REAL nice examples on this page first.

There are numerous things I have done to this kit that I would do different today. I guess that's what makes it hard to finish it.

I also had the T-34/85 version but sold that.

Cheers!

Jeroen

hey Jeroen

it would be good to see you finish this beastie!

the challenge i find is an interesting one: 1/48 for fighters (maybe not bombers) and certainly all 1/72 kits look dinky little toys....1/35 in armour and 1/32 for aircraft look about right...then when you go supersize, unless you get the painting and weathering just right, they once again look like toys...

i am sure you will pull it off though ;)

• Like 1

• Administrators

hey Jeroen

it would be good to see you finish this beastie!

the challenge i find is an interesting one: 1/48 for fighters (maybe not bombers) and certainly all 1/72 kits look dinky little toys....1/35 in armour and 1/32 for aircraft look about right...then when you go supersize, unless you get the painting and weathering just right, they once again look like toys...

i am sure you will pull it off though ;)

Hi Nick,

You are right. I have only on a few occasions seen well weathered and painted 1/16 vehicles. Fun for remote control sandbox games, and oversized to display in a nice way. I'll give it my best!

Go on Jeroen, finish it.... you wouldn't have to buy the Part parts... couldn't you do a bit of work with aluminium or brass sheet...? The fronts look quite simple shape-wise...

Agree with everything about scale that's been said.  Thing is that often the real things don't look as good as models. I think it's because we become accustomed to a level of 'busy-ness' that becomes an aesthetic of its own.  So a larger kit may be more detailed, but as you get bigger, you run out of details to add.

Matt

• Like 1