The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WIP: Hasegawa Bf-109F-4 1/32 Yellow 4

Here it is, my first 32nd build.  I'll be constructing Hasegawa's 109F-4 with extra decals and masks.  I am also attempting some scratch building in the cockpit.  The seat is the Quickboost early F 109 seat.  I really like those molded belts.

Here is the scheme I will be doing.  Maybe not original, but fun. "Yellow 4"

photo2_zpsbc603b3f.jpg

photo_zps7c702518.jpg

Here is my work on the cockpit:

photo1_zpsa78cebd4.jpg

photo1_zps1bb9837a.jpg

photo2_zps74f21729.jpg

photo1_zps90d9e3af.jpg

photo3_zpscbd69f2c.jpg

photo1_zps1b5cd39c.jpg

photo1_zpsa79c5538.jpg

photo1_zps4f9e6aa1.jpg

Thank you!

• Like 1

Nice start. Do you plan to give the pit some washings? Looking forward to see more of your "Reichsgeier" ;-)

Liebe Grüsse

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, after these pictures I did add some wash around the seatbelts and areas of the floor for a little grimme and shadow.  I don't have any more pics before I closed up the fuselage.  It was only minor wash around details.  Does it look like it needs more?  Working in 32nd is different and would appreciate any suggestions and critique.  I have several more 32nd builds with RLM 66 so I need to learn.  :)

You wont see much of it anymore after all, but from my point of view the grey´s could need some more color variations (Seat, Sidewalls) Easy achivied throught some decent point Washes/Filtering with oils. Or add some scratches with German Grey/dark grey acrylic colors (AK/Vallejo). Floor wash with sand/earth colored pigments. Have to get back in business myself, so better dont listen to me ;-)

Cheers, Jerry

You wont see much of it anymore after all, but from my point of view the grey´s could need some more color variations (Seat, Sidewalls) Easy achivied throught some decent point Washes/Filtering with oils. Or add some scratches with German Grey/dark grey acrylic colors (AK/Vallejo). Floor wash with sand/earth colored pigments. Have to get back in business myself, so better dont listen to me ;-)

Cheers, Jerry

Thanks, I also want to play some more with post shading for some tonal variation in the 66.  I hear what you're saying with the light colored wash for the floor. 

I wanted this interior to be a little more sharp and clear being a larger scale.

That was the cockpit, now comes the filling of those wheel bay inserts.

photo1_zps6c57fa56.jpg

I used the kit part but I sanded it down A LOT before I melted it in there.  Then I just sanded and sanded and tried not to mare the details around. 

photo2_zps63a1dfa2.jpg

photo_zps47eb63d4.jpg

Final shot:  (wash and final finished with be done later)

photo5_zps1319195a.jpg

Thanks!

• Like 1