The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hamilton Airshow 2013

GUY5Y

Well,it changed the order I posted them in! The photo of the Lanc,Mossie,2 Hurricanes and a Spitfire shows a jaw dropping experience. As "the guy on the mic " said....."geography and schedules mean you will never ever see this again,so I am going to shut up,and let you enjoy the Merlin magic" There really is something better than the sound of a Merlin......NINE of them. (The next day 2 Spits were up,one broke down on the Sat).Airshow104_zps6dbf0c99.jpgAirshow103_zpsc5d58225.jpg

• Like 1

Martin,if you "youtube" Hamilton Airshow 2013 you will find some great stuff. It was a mind blowing show....But as Max Boyce used to say......"I know,because I was there". And honestly,I didn't kiss the Mossie.

I decided to go on the Sunday and it flippin' p*ssed down most of the night before and Sunday morning. The flightline was closed so didn't get to be up close and personal with the performers and the cloud level was too low for some to fly. The 262 developed a fault shortly after take off and had to be brought down sharpish and then towed off the runway. Unfortunately it was stalled just below the flying area which meant that the WW1 planes had to be postponed. Seeing the FW190, Mossie and Lanc in the air, more than made up for it though. I have been to this show every year since coming to Canada and it's excellent, but next year I'm going on the Saturday! The museum is great too and well worth supporting.

• Like 1

Well done Padowan Guy, posting pictures a fine pupil you are  :D  :D  :D  :thumbsup2:

Great pictures Grasshopper ... those are pretty, pretty airplanes you've captured and the weather looked sensational for an airshow ... I absolutely LOVE the Hurricane, the Mossie and the 262! And 'Schmitt 262 must have sounded superb when in the air!!

Thanks for the interest fellas. Blame Grant for the patient tuition,or you would never have seen the pics.Thanks Grant!!! And yes,the FW 190 and 262 in flight together,taxiing in tandem....mmmwwaaaahhh. Woodshed,OMG man you picked the wrong day........and no ramp close ups?????Dave,I hope in NZ you got to touch the Mossie.I never knew life was incomplete prior to inserting ones digit in a gun port in a Mossie's nose. And Rick,both the 262 and 190 are replicas out of Virginia Beach.

Should any be interested,I have more pics of some old jets and various close ups. Juat say aye,and I will post them

Cheers

Guy.

• Like 1