The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

1/18 SAS Jeep - COMPLETED

DRUMS01

OK, I may have one of the longest bouts of procrastination of anyone in our forum. After my update last October, almost a year ago, the display / full conversion was not complete. There was still some special detailing, painting, pastels, and more that needed done. I can finally say that my conversion of the 1/18 toy die-cast Solido jeep is now finished. 

Some of the items I've added include 30cal ammo cans, Thompson SMG, expended brass and metal links from the M2 50 cal. MG, and much more. Along with the numerous additions I finally had time to finish the detail painting and pastel work throughout the model. 

And here is one of the top additions, an actual SAS unit crest/pin added to the base of the display. I feel it adds some partial authenticity to the build; I hope you like it as much as I do.

I wish I would've kept track of the various after market and scratch built additions added to the build because it was numerous. It is safe to say that every part of the initial toy keep has been modified or replaced. Tamiya, Vallejo, Model Master, MIG, and some obscure other paints were used. 

If you look close I'm confident you will find many things that you didn't see in the initial build string stuffed in here. So enough blubbering, here is the final reveal of my SAS jeep. If you have questions, please don't hesitate in responding and I will answer the best I can. As always, your thoughts, remarks, critiques, constructive criticism are all welcome. 

The build string can be found here:

http://intscalemodeller.com/viewtopic.p ... 5aaed0492c

FINAL PHOTO'S:

Till next time, live laugh and love well. And until next time model something!

Ben / DRUMS01

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks GazzaS; it took far longer than I thought it would, but I believe the finer details add another level of life to the build. Thanks so much for the kind words.

Well LANDLUBBER - Mike, that is exactly what I hoped it would do, draw you in closer. I have a friend in another forum who helped authenticate many parts of the build through first hand experience and from family SAS history. Now that I have a German Kubelwagen and a British SAS Jeep I need to come up with something for the United States,.... hummm

And wow back at you BELUGAWHALEMAN thanks for the interest and gracious remarks. What do you think, should I build something American?

Thanks HARV, always good to hear from you. I take all comments and critiques, but like everyone else I enjoy the positive ones the best. Hope your doing well and modeling something? Aircraft I bet....

My current build is a 1/32 Arado Ar 196-B seaplane from Revell. I hope to post the WIP on here soon.

Sincerely, 

Ben / DRUMS01

• Like 1