The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Nichimo 1/20 Cessna 172 N9812J "Juliet"

After looking at the baggage compartment more, I decided to add a little more detail to the back of the 172. I scratchbuilt a storage case and painted and weathered it to look like a well used wooden box. I found some 1/24 3d printed prepainted oil quarts on ebay and the shop rags are painted lead foil. I also scratchbuilt the fuel sample tool. Now the back looks alot better!!!

20231216_001616.jpg

20231216_003411.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2024 at 6:57 AM, Peterpools said:

Glad you were able to find another position and things are back to near normal again for you. Some mighty nice progress on the 172. :construction:

Thanks Peter! 

Hopefully more progress this weekend!

Tim

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I was able to do a little bit more work on the 172. Nichimo gives you 2 sunvisors, and wants you to just glue them the the top of the fuselage, but I opted for some more detail.

I scratchbuilt an overhead light/map console with the speaker from sheet styrene and PE from my spares box. The speaker grill is a seat cushion decal from a 1/48 F-14.

I also uses some lead wire and L shaped styrene for the sunvisors and finally glued both of them together and onto the cockpit ceiling. 

20240224_225128

That's all for now!

Tim

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...