Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Where’s our Kate??

Artful69

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

It was mentioned on LSP today that the Kate will continue but as a multimedia kit under the HpH label, along with a B-26 Marauder and a few others down the road. 

The B-26 announcement made me happy. 

It’s a lot of good news …First the Kate, for those who enjoyed the great Val kit, and second, besides the B-26, there is a SM-79 and a Ventura in the pipeline ! Both great news if, like me, you love interwars civilians … I would have preferred a Hudson, but, hey-ho, I’ll content myself with a Lodestar 😊 (and can you see this red-and-green « corsa » Sparviero :piliot:)

Hubert

11 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

It was mentioned on LSP today that the Kate will continue but as a multimedia kit under the HpH label, along with a B-26 Marauder and a few others down the road. 

The B-26 announcement made me happy. 

I'm afraid I've been a little cagey about HPH kits since the bad build reviews started coming to light ... 

I paid some good coin on the Walrus, Me.410 etc and haven't gone near either kit since Bryan's loosing fight with his substandard F7F Tigercat ...

An extortionate amount of money for a very mediocre kit - that's hard work to boot!

The news in relation to this says: IM small parts and canopies ... Resin / fibreglass large parts. But waitaminute!!! Doesn't shrinkage affect resin casting?? If so ... the LARGER the parts ... the more prone they are to shrinkage ...

I wish Infinity had been sold to an IM company TBH ... I'd feel more comfortable if Trumpeter kitted it!

Rog :)