The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Bardahl Special racer revisited

I've built a couple of these already with each being a bit different. This is one more that has a little bit of a difference which is the name is in black while the name on the others is in yellow. Not a BIG difference but enough I think to warrant another build (and I particularly like this a/c!). That overall white color scheme really fits the P-51 in my opinion. I'll be using a Revell kit for this build.

Bardahl Special.jpg

images.jpg

44-84390.N2869D.x.es1.1.jpg

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Nice choice for your next build and I'm on for the journey. You should have worked a deal for a case of Revell P-51's. 😉

Thanks! And a case of Tamiya P-51's (and Corsairs!). LOL:)

• Like 2

Making good progress on the cockpit. I used a Tamiya instrument panel and laid in individual Airscale instruments. Seat belts, as usual, are FineMolds. Since this a/c is a racer, etc I removed the fuselage fuel tank and put a floor in using strip plastic. The wide prop blades are from my stash of various parts and pieces. Spinner is Grey Matter.

10-1-23 001.jpg

10-1-23 002.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Looking good!!  Have you looked at the AMUR flaps?  The oil canning is amazing.

Thank you Chris. No, I haven't seen those flaps but will take a look. Thanks! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Amazing as always and here I thought I was the only one who runs out of paint in the middle of a build.:construction:

LOL Peter. At least I had some Testor's Gloss White I could use to finish the paint job. I was a little leery about applying that over some areas that were already painted with acrylic but it worked out fine. Now it's set aside to allow the Testor's to thoroughly dry. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Think I'll be calling you the "Lotto Kid"🏆

That would be fine if I ever WIN at Lotto but a bit out of place right now I think since I haven't won anything on Lotto. 🙃

28 minutes ago, KevinM said:

That's a Nice finish on that white John should look good when done.;)

Thanks Kevin. In my opinion white really looks good on a P-51 like GSB looks good on a Gorsair. Sort of made for each other LOL. :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

WOW, heading over. I am speechless at the speed you work at and never a slip or letdown from your high standards. 🥇

I have to say Peter I had been working on this build for a couple of weeks before I posted any photos. :)

• Haha 1