The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Bardahl Special completed

All done with this one. This is my 3rd Bardahl Special although one of them represents the a/c as it is today (and is numbered as "3" instead of "8") and the 1st two represent it back in the 60's. None are identical. I again used a Revell kit with appropriate mods such as a replacement prop and spinner, removal of the fuselage tank and a couple of others. I really like this particular a/c (I figured y'all figured that out by now!) but I think this will be the last Bardahl Special I build. I hope you like the results of my efforts.

Remember please: Click on the 1st photo for best resolution and to view as a slide show. :)

10-5-23 001.jpg

10-5-23 002.jpg

10-5-23 003.jpg

10-5-23 004.jpg

10-5-23 005.jpg

10-5-23 B 001.jpg

10-5-23 B 002.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

John

I'm just blown away .. your Bardahl Special looks fantastic - absolutely a perfect. It's just incredible to comprehend how you turn out so many 32nd scale kits and everyone is built to your high standards of fit and finish. 🏆

Thanks for the group Photo - what a fantastic collection - I hope they have a display space just to themselves.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

I'm just blown away .. your Bardahl Special looks fantastic - absolutely a perfect. It's just incredible to comprehend how you turn out so many 32nd scale kits and everyone is built to your high standards of fit and finish. 🏆

Thanks for the group Photo - what a fantastic collection - I hope they have a display space just to themselves.

Thank you Peter. They are all in a display cabinet together with several other racer builds. :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Great build. 

It's great to see the evolution of the same aircraft at different times in its lifespan. 

Thanks Carl. I agree. Very interesting and it makes building the same a/c at different time periods nice. :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Wow, that came out great John!  That color couldn't have been easy to get such a perfect finish.  Can I ask what brand paint you used?

Thanks Mike. :) The undersides and part of the uppers are Gunze Mr. Color Gloss White acrylic but I ran out and finished it with good ol' Testor's Gloss White. I was a little concerned the Testor's enamel might not "agree" with the acrylic but it did just fine. :)

• Like 2