Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Tamiya F4U-1A (FG-1A) Peleliu

Hello, John, I just wanted to say hello, and that I'm a big fan of your Corsair works! I do have a quick question, are you still using MM enamels or have you started using something else? Your finishes are beautiful for sure, and I would love to attain that nice of finish on some of my Corsairs as well....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, grangerdavis73 said:

Hello, John, I just wanted to say hello, and that I'm a big fan of your Corsair works! I do have a quick question, are you still using MM enamels or have you started using something else? Your finishes are beautiful for sure, and I would love to attain that nice of finish on some of my Corsairs as well....

Thank you for the nice compliments. Lately I've been using a combination of enamels and acrylics. I think enamels work a little better than acrylics for getting a feathered edge on camo. At least for me at any rate. Colourcoats , Extracolor and Testor's enamels are my preferred enamels while Tamiya and Gunze have some good acrylics. Testor's MM camo colors I usually buy on ebay but Scale Hobbyist has some too. Sprue Bros. seems to have stopped stocking the Testor's MM colors. I hope this answers your question and is of some help. :)

• Like 2

Hey John, thanks for the info! Yeah, I have tried switching from Model Master the last couple of years, and namely back in 2017, when I actually finished a model last(incidentally a 1/32 Birdcage Corsair) . Again thanks for all your contributions to the world of Tamiya Corsairs! Hopefully I can add some Corsair cheer soon as well

10 hours ago, grangerdavis73 said:

Hey John, thanks for the info! Yeah, I have tried switching from Model Master the last couple of years, and namely back in 2017, when I actually finished a model last(incidentally a 1/32 Birdcage Corsair) . Again thanks for all your contributions to the world of Tamiya Corsairs! Hopefully I can add some Corsair cheer soon as well

You are welcome! I look forward to seeing a Corsair build from you before long. :)

• Like 1