The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Tamiya F4U-1A (FG-1A) Peleliu

Rear cockpit bulkhead and seat installed. You might notice the info printed under the head rest is black, not red as supplied on the Tamiya decal sheet. I just re-printed them in black using my laser printer. I've never seen any red one's in color photos, just black. Not saying there never were any red ones, I just never have seen anything but black.

11-5-23 BB 001.jpg

11-5-23 BB 002.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Nice work on the front office and correcting the caution placard on he bulkhead was a nice touch for sure.

Thanks Peter. I did that correction on all my Corsair builds but just never mentioned it. :)

8 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Looking good and I should be trying to keep up some type of steady bench time as yours ... just a bit too much going on right now to sit and work with a clear head.

I know what you mean except keeping busy building helps me to keep my mind off "things". 🙄

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks good John. This being a land based Corsair, did they remove the tailhook? I'm got a stalled one with the tailhook removed and the opening plated over. 

Thank you Carl. I'm pretty sure the tail hook was removed as most land based Corsairs had that done. I will leave off the tail hook on this build. :)

• Like 3

John

Looking so good and I'm so accustomed to your steady progress after all these years, that I'm always finding myself knowing the next update is normally just a day away. Nver knew that land-based Corsairs had their arrester hooks removed - learn something every day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Looking so good and I'm so accustomed to your steady progress after all these years, that I'm always finding myself knowing the next update is normally just a day away. Nver knew that land-based Corsairs had their arrester hooks removed - learn something every day.

Thank you Peter. It's nice to learn something new! Can come in handy. :)

• Like 3