The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Lavochkin La-7, 1/48 Eduard

I believe this is the Gavia kit inside the Eduard box, which is now over 20 years old. It's not too bad, although I will say it does benefit you to test fit everything at least twice.  The Czech Air Force had several batches of La-7s delivered just after the end of the war. Designated the S-97, most served less than 2 years front line service as the factory would only guarantee the glue bonds in the wooden airframe for 2 years. Upon inspection, some aircraft soldiered on until about 1950 when they were all withdrawn from service. I found some profiles which show some of these aircraft painted in the green over blue, probably towards the end of their service life. They should have some white, or black squadron letters on the fuselage side, but I didn't have the appropriate size letters, so this will just have to do. I also added a pilot figure from the spares box, I think he was a Luftwaffe air gunner, but he's changed sides. Thanks for looking.

9xz1bc2.jpeg

aO4XxZz.jpeg

hN4fEZ2.jpeg

FQ1Jskr.jpeg

• Like 4

Gavia indeed, Nicely built post war Lavochkin, although careful when you positioning the Czechoslovak national insignia, red on the bottom, blue to the front. 

Cheers

Martin

lavocka.jpeg

• Like 2