Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Some interesting product development news!!

I've been a bit quiet about product development as of late, due mostly to my recent health issues, but also to a very limited amount of time for side hustles like this resin business. What time I do have, I must prioritize filling orders, which does not leave much time to advance the new stuff. I have a list of requested projects a mile long, and 6-8 in various stages of completion. If I could retire from the regular job, I'd have enough development work to keep me very busy for a year or so, but I wouldn't make as much as I do now, so just can't afford to do that yet.

I do have one tidbit of exciting news though! I received permission today from Tim Skelton, formerly of Grey Matter Figures, to reproduce the items he sold that were mastered by Jerry Rutman. I have known Jerry for many years via the internet, and have long admired his work, so I'm happy to be able to bring these back. It will take some time, as I have to remaster the molds from castings, many of which I still have to purchase or borrow. The following items are the ones I received permission to remaster:

GMAJR3211 - P-38 backdate set
GMAJR3217 - P-38 props and hub
GMAJR3214 - P-38M night fighter conversion
GMAJR3205 - P-51 corrected spinner for Hamilton props
GMAJR3219 - B-25 tail gun cover
GMAJR2401 - Hamilton cuffed props
GMAJR2402 - P-51 wheel set
GMAJR2407 - FW190 LG set

I own the P-38 backdate set already, but I will need to buy or borrow the others. If you have those items and want to loan or sell them to me, please let me know. These are the only items I asked about, so the only items I plan to remaster at this time. As I said, this will be a time consuming process, so please be patient with me, and thanks for your help in advance.

On a more troubling note, Tim Skelton told me that he is currently in hospital undergoing chemotherapy!! He did not specify for what condition, but was positive and hopeful that he will be able to beat it and get back to life as usual soon. I know a lot of you miss the great work that he did and will also wish him well! 

Tim

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This will be of interest to me Tim when you get there I have always wanted to pull the trigger on the Trump P-38 but have held off.;)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KevinM said:

This will be of interest to me Tim when you get there I have always wanted to pull the trigger on the Trump P-38 but have held off.;)

The backdate set shouldn't take long, as I have that one on hand. I'm gonna guess a month or two? The others I will have to acquire. I had the props and hub, but I used them....

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

All of these have been missing for quite some time. I am glad you're bringing them back Tom. Thank you.

Thanks, Morton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Now you're Tom, get use to it ! LOL

My aunt's husband who was Dutch worked for Snap-On Tools in their Hong Kong office. When he told his manager his name was Constantin, his manager looked at him and said that was too difficult and said he was Tim from then on. So that's what we knew him as, Uncle Tim.

• Haha 3