Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Hasegawa P-40E Darwin RFI

Finished with this one. The seat belts from FineMolds and the prop blades from Grey Matter are the only after market items. The OD uppers are painted with Testor's OD while the undersides are painted with Floquil gray. Decals are all from my decal stash. I hope y'all like it! 😀

Remember: Click on the 1st image, etc, etc.

6-28-24 4_NEW.jpg

6-28-24 2_NEW.jpg

6-28-24 3_NEW.jpg

6-28-24 5_NEW.jpg

6-28-24 6_NEW.jpg

6-28-24_NEW.jpg

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

John,

Great modulation on the OD, nice work!

Chris

Thanks Chris, I'm pleased you like the way it turned out. 😀

• Like 2

Nice one John, my last P40 was the ancient Revell one, but I do have one of Hasegawa's version in the stash, one day I'll get round to it.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 2

John

Another awesome build. "Aces" on a perfect build and finish - simply stellar work. I just never tire of following your work and look forward to the next as they 'pump' me up to hit the bench and get back to work.🏆

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Another awesome build. "Aces" on a perfect build and finish - simply stellar work. I just never tire of following your work and look forward to the next as they 'pump' me up to hit the bench and get back to work.🏆

I'm pleased you like the P-40 Peter, thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spitfire said:

Nice one John, my last P40 was the ancient Revell one, but I do have one of Hasegawa's version in the stash, one day I'll get round to it.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. Very much appreciated.

• Like 1

Very nice John!  I also have several kits in the stash I need to get busy on. One Revell and a Hasegawa. I’d love to pick up a Hasegawa K, but those seem to be far and few available these days.  Fetching a premium. 
oh, and I forgot about the Trumpeter B I have as well.  I know a lot of guys complain that it’s all wrong, but it looks good enough for me.  Not spending Great Wall money on a kit. 

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Very nice John!  I also have several kits in the stash I need to get busy on. One Revell and a Hasegawa. I’d love to pick up a Hasegawa K, but those seem to be far and few available these days.  Fetching a premium. 
oh, and I forgot about the Trumpeter B I have as well.  I know a lot of guys complain that it’s all wrong, but it looks good enough for me.  Not spending Great Wall money on a kit. 

Thanks Scott.

Those Trumpeter P-40's really are bad. I got a P-40F and it's terrible in my opinion. Maybe the B is better since it has different dimensions, etc. Lots of things wrong with the rest of them that I won't go into but you can find some build reviews on line that detail those although I did see one over on the "other site" where the guy (whom I know) said the kits were great. I wondered what he'd been smoking......

I have a Hasegawa "N" that is the 15,000 anniversary version that came with all the various nations markings. I've been tempted to build it lately but I just can't bring myself to do it since it's so hard to find and when you do find one it's costly. I guess I'd sell it but it wouldn't be cheap LOL.

1 hour ago, JohnB said:

Thanks Scott

(snip)

I have a Hasegawa "N" that is the 15,000 anniversary version that came with all the various nations markings. I've been tempted to build it lately but I just can't bring myself to do it since it's so hard to find and when you do find one it's costly. I guess I'd sell it but it wouldn't be cheap LOL.

LOL!   I know the feeling with my Tamiya Thunderbird kit.  I feel guilty asking what they are selling for on eBay so I won’t sell it, don’t want to build it because it’s worth a lot, but at the same time, I want to build it just because.  A real modelers/kit collectors conundrum! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

LOL!   I know the feeling with my Tamiya Thunderbird kit.  I feel guilty asking what they are selling for on eBay so I won’t sell it, don’t want to build it because it’s worth a lot, but at the same time, I want to build it just because.  A real modelers/kit collectors conundrum! 

Conundrum for sure! If I built it I have no doubt I'd be kicking myself later on.

What I will have to address sooner or later is what to do with all my built-up's and collection of oldies. Here's a couple of shots of my oldie collection.

3-23-23 C 005.jpg

3-23-23 C 006.jpg

3-23-23 C 004.jpg

3-23-23 C 009.jpg

• Like 6