Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Special Hobby F-80C saved from SOD

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Egad, first a senior moment forgetting to put the nose weight in and then the broken windshield. Never a dull moment.

Just seems to go with the kits well-earned reputation.

Indeed Peter. This one is now on the SOD.

• Sad 2

• JohnB changed the title to Special Hobby F-80C saved from SOD

This one is another refugee from the SOD that I decided to resume work on while my computer was down. Lots of progress.

DSC02505.JPG

DSC02506.JPG

DSC02508.JPG

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice job with the intakes John. Even nicer job on the Alclad finish. 

Thanks Carl. So far it's coming along okay after getting the intakes squared away. I expect to start decaling soon but first I want to see about some panel shading although after perusing some photos it appears the F-80's hardly showed any. Makes it easier for us model builders! 🙂

• Like 3

Wow, that is fast progress. Agree with Carl - nice job on those intakes and the Alclad.  Pretty shape to that aircraft, too.  You are making the most of it, as usual.  Glad to hear it was only a computer problem that kept you off line.  Whew.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Wow, that is fast progress. Agree with Carl - nice job on those intakes and the Alclad.  Pretty shape to that aircraft, too.  You are making the most of it, as usual.  Glad to hear it was only a computer problem that kept you off line.  Whew.

It's coming right along Chris. I'm glad I could rescue it from the SOD and finally finish it off. Hopefully in a day or two. With the new hard drive on my computer it's much faster than before. That's a good thing! 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Holy Smokes .... looking brilliant and the NMF: perfectly done.

:construction:

Thank you Peter. I expect to start decaling later today. 🙂

• Like 1

Decaling under way. I'm going to leave it over night so I don't bugger up anything! Those decals are thin and easily marred.

In the mean time I'm working on a Revell 1/32 Bf-109G-10 Erla. I'll start a WIP thread shortly.

7-25-24.JPG

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Decals are looking mighty good. Nice idea to let what you have done dry overnight to just be on the safe side.👍

They are very thin and fragile so I think giving it a break is a good idea. Nice decals though. 🙂

• Like 1