Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Revell Bf-109G-10 Erla WIP

John

You're in overdrive gear this past week and your progress on the SOD kits has been prenominal.

Awesome progress on your latest 109 - front office and the prop spinner spiral are spot on - looking mighty good.

:construction:    

• Like 1

Thanks Peter. Staying busy with my builds! Work on the '109 for a bit then work on the F-80 for a bit. LOL Keeps me out of trouble! 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Amazing .. Knowing me, I would have at least half the parts from one kit on the other kit and then wondered why nothing fit right?:hsmack:

That would make a interesting looking model!😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Amazing .. Knowing me, I would have at least half the parts from one kit on the other kit and then wondered why nothing fit right?:hsmack:

I did that once!!!  After that I stopped building two of the same kit, unless they were almost exactly the same...

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

HOW DO YOU DO THOSE SPIRAL SPINNERS???  For the life of me I cannot get a good spiral on the spinner.  Yours is perfect!!!  What is your secret?

First I paint the spinner white (gloss or flat). I have a couple of masks that I use which are vynal (? spelling?) by Montex. They are from their Super Mask Bf-109G-10 #K 32023. Apply the one you want to use then paint the spinner black. The masks are reusable too if you don't bugger it up. You should be able to find them on ebay or maybe SB. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I wish Revell wouldn't make the upper wings in sections. It's a pita to smooth out that seam. I never seem to be able to "erase" it completely.

DSC02522.JPG

DSC02523.JPG

• Like 6

2 hours ago, KevinM said:

But looking good from here John.:unworthy:

It's coming along okay, thanks. Smoothing out those wings is the next order of business. 🙂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Looking good on my end as well. Thanks for the tip on the spinner spirals - will come in handy down the road.

:construction:

Masking the spinner spirals is much easier than using decals. I always had problems trying to get decals on right. Using masks works much better! 🙂

• Like 2

Lots of progress over the weekend. This AM I applied the 2 top colors, RLM 74/75, using Xtracolor.  I still need to add some more mottling on the fuselage. The 75 is already on there so next I'll do the 74. Undersides, etc are already painted RLM 76. The red/yellow stripes are Xtracolor for the yellow and White Ensign Colourcoats for the red.

7-29-24.JPG

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Wow, I just find the build thread and you're done already.  Great work and tips for doing the spinner spirals. 

Thanks Carl. I'm glad you got some good useful info. 🙂

• Like 1