Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

TWIN Bf-109 build!

Imagine my surprise when I was checking out the models in one of my display cases and I saw a familiar looking Bf-109E. Now I find I have 2 models of the same a/c. The older build (in foreground) is a bit different from the other that I had just finished recently. I wonder which one is correct???? LOL Personally I like the one in the background better. I'm undecided if I want to do a repaint on the older model. We will see.

7-28-24 2.JPG

7-28-28.JPG

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, KevinM said:

I am in agreement the the background unit has more eye appeal.;)

My feelings also Kevin. 🙂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JohnB said:

Imagine my surprise when I was checking out the models in one of my display cases and I saw a familiar looking Bf-109E. Now I find I have 2 models of the same a/c. The older build (in foreground) is a bit different from the other that I had just finished recently. I wonder which one is correct???? LOL Personally I like the one in the background better. I'm undecided if I want to do a repaint on the older model. We will see.

7-28-24 2.JPG

7-28-28.JPG

You must have ton of planes to forgot building 2 identical planes 😃

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FullArmor said:

You must have ton of planes to forgot building 2 identical planes 😃

Way too many for sure. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Pretty amazing how different the cammo patterns are. I'm with the guys as well as the rear 109 cammo is more eye striking.

I'll probably re-do the other one. I know where I got the color scheme for the most recent one (Kagero monograph special edition #2 on the Bf-109E which has a lot of good art on the "E") but I'm not certain on the other one but I THINK it was from Eduard). I'll peruse the schemes in the Kagero book and pick another one for that a/c.

• Like 3

John

Has to be a first. I've built the same model twice over the years, but I don't think with the same cammo scheme. I would keep them both as the cammo schemes are different, yet the same and quite the conversation piece. 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Has to be a first. I've built the same model twice over the years, but I don't think with the same cammo scheme. I would keep them both as the cammo schemes are different, yet the same and quite the conversation piece. 😉

I'm considering that Peter. I really don't want to go to all that trouble so, at least for now, I'll keep both as is.

• Like 2