The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

"Diggers" Episope: Crashed Nazi Plane In US

rkranias

And? What was the verdict? They found a sliver of aluminum that may have been from a German plane? And a U.S. dime from somewhere in the 1920's: "Oooooooohhhhhh, I've found some real American HISTORY!!!!"

Ghehehehehe.....

First time ever watching Diggers.  Will be my last time watching Diggers.   I don't like the comic relief.  Finding debris in less than 6 inches in what appears to be a cultivated corn field...did not impress.

Would be nice to see a scholarly/archaeology presentation on Freeman Field Recovery efforts.

• Like 1

"scholarly/archaeology presentation"-- YES!

As an academic archaeologist, shows like diggers scare the crap out of me since they often invoke archeology as the premise behind what they are doing. Unfortunately, they confuse what archaeologist do - gather information or "find things out", with what looters and vandals do - obtain objects or simply "find things". So, these shows ultimately just legitimize the destruction of archaeological sites for the trivial gain of objects at the expense of the stories behind them.

Rant over,

Other Dr. Dave

• Like 1

There is probably not much left to find Rick. You'll find chuncks of aluminium that once was an aircraft, larger bits of metal like engines and weapons if they were still on the aircraft, but I seriously doubt that recovering such wreckage would be worth anyones time or effort. A lot of the time they would bulldoze aircraft into a pit and burn them too, you can imagne what that does.