The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HK Models 1/32 Lancaster!

JeroenPeters

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

Soooo.... the first pics of the Lancaster in progress have been posted after its unveiling at Telford.

We certainly couldn't believe our eyes and would have been happy with just the fuse or an engine....

Following this some discussions have started left and right by people who think things are off.

Well...

here's what's what. This is only a machined mock up. Not even injection moulded so not a test shot.

This mock up was given to LSM. Not to check, but as a gift. But... of course we will check, post as many pics as we can (taken with a proper camera) and share all our AND YOUR findings with HK Models. 

This is a golden time for modeler. How often do you get this opportunity???

Neil from HK Models told us that the Lancaster will only be released when they're certain it's correct. You'll always have minor flaws or inaccuracies, but we think this might become their most accurate kit to date. 

Here are some iphone pics from the show. Watch this topic for more material...

(yes the guns and some aerials did not survive the trip from Hong Kong :)

Cheers 

Jeroen

10570334_766684033403554_292381487441914

10734054_766600516745239_124799108398411

• Like 1

Jimbo,

Nope, it came with custom made suitcase. We managed to squeeze it into Jeroen's van hehe. At home I managed to find the

gunbarrels so it will be complete.

Have been checking the model comparing with photographs this evening. So far It's looking great. Some issues but nothing

Major. If anyone has questions or observations please share them. No hunches or feelings but proper input backed

With pics or drawings. We now have a chance to supply input To the manufacturer.

Cees

• Like 1

• Administrators

Wow!! Very nice pics Guy5Y! 

I will check my books and looking forward to give my contribution! :)

give my contribution ...
give my contribution ...
my 
give my contribution ...

An immediate difference from the kit to the photos,is the doral turret........this is not a mistake in the kit,rather the fact the Mynarski Lanc is late war Canadian production......The Canuks changed from the Baker-Finch turret to the Martin,and owing to it's heavier weight,had to move it forwards to maintain the Cof G.

• Like 2

Baker-Finch? Must be an aftermarket issue. :D

Honestly you cannot expect a manufacturer to include this version without expensive

mould doctoring. Would be great for the aftermarket guys though. They have to earn a

living too.

Cees

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...