EVERYTHING UKRAINE GROUP BUILD IS NOW UNDERWAY.

Revell 1/32 Hawker Typhoon (Vintage)

RalphSarc

No problem with the canopy so far Cees! I used white glue to fix it to the fuselage then a watered down version to fill any gaps. The Tamiya tape firmly held it in place while it dried overnight!!

I must have had a Friday afternoon one as it was a pig to fit !

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

Ha!! Sweet going I say!

I thought they went for over 60 Bucks easy..

I’ve gotten some incredible deals bidding on eBay. I usually haunt eBay on holiday weekends when bidding is less active watching for deals with a few hours left on the bid!! I’ve purchased most of my vintage kits that way!!

• Like 1

looking great.  display with "car door" open to solve the fit issue.

Thanks Rick for the kind suggestion I was going to display with the engine bay and car door open. I think the problem was in the canopy shape. I was finally able to get it to seat correctly!

Ralph,

The stripes you put on are not D-Day strips but recognition stripes to stop friendly fighters shooting at it thinking it's Focke-Wulf 190.

These were painted in the factory and neatly too. The D-Day stripes that came later had the same width.

Cees

Well after much research and an education on the difference between D-Day Stripes and Identification Stripes I finally painted the "identification stripes" on the bottom of the Typhoon, lol!!

3991D10C-AB76-420A-80CA-A86E4A6BCA9F_zps

I've also masked the bottom so the paint shop can spray the top camouflage scheme tomorrow, lol!!!

FB286FE6-18C3-4B19-89DC-80495504387C_zps

The paint shop spent the morning masking the Typhoon upper fuselage and wing for painting the darker camouflage coat.

80571271-C51D-43D0-AB76-65E5E0C10DB3_zps

Second color coat!!

68001667-C266-4585-84AC-0987B3273ACE_zps

Okay camouflage base coats are done. Now to mask and paint the yellow wing leading edge identification stripes!!!

D963123A-FFDE-4A47-9993-EA35F1C06B8B_zps