The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Horten HO-229 - 1/32 by Zoukei Mura

Hello,

this is my new projet.... the HORTEN HO-229 in 1/32 scale by Zoukei Mura. 

I am planning to present it in the wonderful looking version with wood and metal surface.

The seatbelts coming from HGW, the wheels are the resin ones from Zoukei Mura, also the metal gears.

I started with the framework for the interior which consists of several thin frame parts which were all connected with each other. 

So dry fitting is absolutly important to avoid later problems in the fitting.

After that I painted the finished frame work in green/grey color and brush painted the details of it. The metal parts were silver/gold painted and polished.

As next step I started with the engine nozzle and put together the first parts of it. Unfortunatley most of these parts are no more visible later. 

Maybe I will find a possibility to keep one engine open so that the turbine blades of at least one nozzle will remain visible.

tbm4hc8q8n1.jpg

fzmz8wseswne.jpg

rqb4u7gk1cmf.jpg

qfc6tprjsgf5.jpg

ufyp44lszk72.jpg

c6jm5l3mb6w.jpg

syh99ci3anq.jpg

qpz1ucnxss.jpg

cp9rej886e7.jpg

j4yrmlvom7.jpg

Next step - painting of the nozzle parts in silver before putting the nozzles together (and trying to keep one open and the inside visible).

Cheers

Michael

• Like 6

Some new updates for the Horten HO-229. The framework is mostly mounted and painted. 

The interior of the nozzles is painted, and mounted, partly pollished and ready for painting at the exterieur, before further parts will be mounted to it.

The painted framework:

hljnky89h2h7.jpg

w7rmiaxc6eej.jpg

The painted parts of the nozzles:

iqnwjg8xuf34.jpg

8xycy5div1rp.jpg

u8d1vxg9467q.jpg

The nozzles mounted and testfitted in the framework:

yszjt3xd9lt.jpg

q2767fp7guj.jpg

Next steps - outside of the nozzles painting (Silver, black, grey/green), then further details adding at the nozzles.

Best regards,

Michael

• Like 1

The engines were airbrush painted in silver / black / green from the outside. 

Also all small stuff is painted in its colors, before all parts were mounted to the engines.

gdx3ypzi4ja.jpg

s51o7cghttn4.jpg

km1cwp1tef8w.jpg

ajplpp2gtv9s.jpg

heahjre6lsc.jpg

Next steps: Weathering of the engines, installing of the engines in the framework, weathering of the framework.

Cheers

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
The finished nozzles were installed in the frame work, the upper part added and all washed with black and brown oil colors. 

Next - the cockpit frame work is installed and drybrushed with dark grey and silver, after being painted in black.

The dashboard is a clear plastic part, the decal is cut out and glued on the back and painted in black. The displays were masked with maskol before the painting.

dp8ng6wmmg8v.jpg

peoeiq8amus2.jpg

6a7x969lk2h.jpg

i1dkxjbxu2h6.jpg

lxz69b9g3lm.jpg

7qymfyfvx8j.jpg

Next step - the landing gear... painting, mounting, installing, weathering. White metal parts and resin-wheels.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 2

The landing gear is mounted (white metal, resin tires) and painted.... then weathered with oil color.

The covers of the frame were painted in green/grey from inside. Don't wonder about the beige, I firstly painted the inside in beige by mistake, then added a lyer of green/grey over it.

Won't be visible later once the outside is painted....

lppd233ais6j.jpg

nalup51oeuse.jpg

udvcei17i72p.jpg

6rqtspwsf5a1.jpg

847kxq8184i.jpg

g749hl3ttnup.jpg

s2dzc9gp8jdu.jpg

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Some further steps.... the wings were covered, all the interior frames are unvisible now... 

2m5zzgvfnit1.jpg

vpro498nrrsl.jpg

qwux67o7myx.jpg

tjvvx8bd2uug.jpg

nwp595cpe9r.jpg

jodv57oc4mj8.jpg

I have decided to give it a camouflage color in light/dark grey.... no wooden surface. Grey with a red banner on one wing... and a used look, no brand new look.

Cheers. Michael

• Like 1

Some further steps.... I have decided to give the Horten a nice camouflage color instead of the wooden surface. The dark tones are perfect for this fighter I think.

I used the lifecolor colours of the "Luftwaffe-Set 2" for it, the underside has a light blue. Next steps are a bit of clear coat for the decals, then the silver at the back will be painted, and the plane will recieve a red stripe on the back I think.

ziapksnplewv.jpg

uzgj1do2v842.jpg

21p2f9jrylit.jpg

kcrvd8eppakf.jpg

dfh9552rnnle.jpg

c37uuh8fime.jpg

wpf5yrho2oz.jpg

wqwzky3lu73w.jpg

xxgvuoo8ok.jpg

Hope that you like it! :) 

Cheers. Michael

The next steps were painting of the red stripe at the back on top- and downside, as well as the aluminium colored parts behind the nozzles which were darkened with some black pigments (smoke).

After a layer of clear coat the decals were applied. All decals were included in the kit despite the Hakenkreuz which I have censored on the pictures (... Germany ...). This decal is from an other kit which I had on stock. 

3ouemnfz5wve.jpg

zy11pniephy2.jpg

uv4dowf2mg.jpg

iziw8h3ttg8.jpg

rquecuj8iii8.jpg

yo42j4v17c6.jpg

lp2gb68d5tk.jpg

xgt9mqqckpg.jpg

v2hg6jjvdd7m.jpg

qttzql7nz7nr.jpg

le1rbbbur8qc.jpg

93b4o3o1nl.jpg

8haqssov3wtx.jpg

Next step - a layer of clear coat, to save the painting and decals before the weathering.... 

Cheers. Michael

• Like 1