The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

• Administrators

Hi gang,

I actually started this model a few months ago, but in light of a workshop disaster on the production line, I've decided to put it to the front again and accelerate the build. As you might be able to tell, this kit isn't yet released by HK Models, and as far as I am aware, this is the only 335A-0 test shot that exists outside of HKM. I will build this for Tamiya Model Airplane International.

For this build, I'll complete it as the machine currently on show in the NASM, but in American colours, as she was evaluated at the end of WW2. This will need the new Eagle Editions decal set which is currently in transit between Montanna and northern England!

This is the scheme I will do: 

11090974_770325216407953_389779451159787

So what are the differences between this and the previous Do 335B-2 kit?

Ok, this is a brief list:

1. No wing-mounted cannon and gun pods (smooth leading edges)
  2. No fuel tank in weapons bay. A bomb is included, but not to be used with my build.
  3. Curvier windscreen, as opposed to the more angled, armoured screen of the B-2, and no side bulges either.
  4. Different nose undercariage strut with mudguard.

For this build, I will use a combination of both Profimodeller and Eduard sets, with HGW seatbelts into the mix. There is a LOT of metal in this one, and unlike some of my tardier updates, I promise to post some photos of this one tomorrow. 

Thanks for watching.

• Like 5

• Administrators

These are some photos of this machine.

My idea is to build this with closed forward engine cowls, closed radiator flaps and the undercarriage doors removed as in this first image.

do335_42.jpg

d335-32.jpg

Do335a-0_1945_USN_Patuxent_River_test_ce

75a39e46e09eee83560b1f1175753bc3.jpg

• Like 3

I think this will be a great built, James.

I saw the restored original with my own eyes in the "Deutsches Museum" in Munich.

I think it was sometime the end of the 1970's year, or early 1980's - I do not remember exactly.

But what I still know very well is - this thing was big, very big compared to the standing next original Me 262.

Well, model tastes change, I am now swirled complete over the last 8 years from German WW2 Luftwaffe to the German WW1 Imperial Luftwaffe (thanks to Roden and Wingnut Wing you all know).

But this Buildingreport I will follow with curious and wide open eyes.

A big "Servus" from Bavaria

Bertl

• Like 1

• Administrators

My head is spinning with photo etch. I don't think I've ever done as much PE ever, as I have over the last week on both the Do 335 and Bradley.

Here is the state of play with this one. Hope you like it.

DSC_1714.jpg

DSC_1720.jpg

DSC_1725.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...