Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Holy crap Rick - I haven't had my modeling and forum hats on for a while and am astonished to see the great progress you've been making. And very impressive work! I'm going to try and get some work done on my stalled Stang soon.

• Like 1

Holy crap Rick - I haven't had my modeling and forum hats on for a while and am astonished to see the great progress you've been making. And very impressive work! I'm going to try and get some work done on my stalled Stang soon.

Thanks Vivian.  Work will be full stop for a few days as my Studio Lights (the right ones) arrived this am.  I have 3 photo shoots and write ups on deck.  No play till these are completed.

Look forward to see your Stang!

WEATHERING

Flory wash removed and I'll do a shameless plug...this stuff is great!  I really, really like the results and ease of use.  Highly recommended!

012_Bottom_FB.jpg

Undersides cleaned, weathered and shot with Alclad Matte Varnish.

02_Top_FB.jpg

All pimped up!  Topsides cleaned & varnished, canopy/pit masks removed.

04_Top_LandFlaps_FB.jpg

Detail shot of pit and landing flaps.  I used MiG wash with directional rub on the natural metal finish of landing flaps. 

03_Top_FB.jpg

Pit detail.  The HGW belts are a pain to cut out.  The results and flexibility are well worth it. 

05_PW2800_FB.jpg

The R2800 weathered with a shot of semi gloss.  Lessons learned on this cowling construction will be applied with "Slick Chick".  This one was definitely a learning experience.

06_GunBlue_FB.jpg

The Hasegawa brass blast tubes get the Blueing treatment, props to Harv.  Time consuming but results speak.

Next up will be finish weathering install of the landing gear, then nav lights, landing light, recognition lights, rear view mirror, antenna, pitot, prop and blast tubes.  Then boom!  Done!

Work will be full stop for a few days as my Studio Lights (the right ones) arrived this am.  I have 3 photo shoots and write ups on deck.  No play till these are completed.

• Like 1

Fabulous Rick ...oh! absolutely agree about Flory Washes.  So quick and so easy too (the smallest drop of washing up liquid in with the Flory Wash help prevent beading by the way).

I love the Soviet markings!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing this Wednesday night. How far is the other one?

See you on Wed.

"Slick Chick" has stalled. 

I have not been on the bench for nearly 4 weeks.  Just alot going on at home working the veggie garden, minor landscaping, house fixing and cleaning, kids wrapping up school and swim team.  I need about 10 more hours a day.  :)