The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Upcoming 1/32 Revell Bf 109G-6..?

kermit

I couldn't agree more Iain.   I wasn't intending to comment any further beyond my last post where I suggested that we agree to disagree but .... as a final comment from me on this particular thread. I'd like say that this latest exchange is very unusual and the complete opposite of the typically friendly banter and camaraderie that has become the norm at LSM.  I honestly hope you stay - your work and knowledge would certainly add greatly to our forum. 

Done.

• Like 2

• Administrators

I agree. We need to calm down the rhetoric here. LSM will not become a copy of the sites I tend to avoid. 

Steve (Wumm) is indeed a helpful guy, and hopefully he'll see fit to contribute further here, but let's all take this for what it is, and not tear chunks out of each other.

Iain is also a darn fine modeller and a very level-headed and reasonable guy. I respect him dearly.

You all need to go sniff some tenax fumes....

• Like 1

• Members

Erm - I popped over here hoping to find a community where everyone kinda got on and worked together - helping each other out and not throwing rocks at each other because we have varying views of what constitutes a good model.

For heavens sake - this is supposed to be a relaxing hobby - I see enough angst in my day job...

Iain

We'll make sure everyone gets along, even if we have to cracks some heads to do ti!  :lol:

As Jim stated, there are sites out there where you can bash each other to your heart's delight, LSM is not one of them.  For the record Steve is a good guy and a fount of knowledge on Luftwaffe subjects who has helped me out more than once.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe casting copies of the Hasegawa 'beule' (the MG131 feed chute fairings) will work. As long as the fuselages have the same section in this area...?

Both kits have pros and cons, I do agree with Wumm though that it's a shame that Revell didn't manage to claim the 'best '32nd Bf109G' crown - they were so close.  I'll give at least one of these a go, and knowing that at some point they'll probably end up at £10 each at shows or somewhere like Modelzone, probably a lot more.... :) .

The engineering of the wings and fuselage looks to allow the 109G-10 to be kitted by swapping out a few panels (even various AS versions - the G-5, 6 and 14). Those kits would have definite edge over the Has kits as the canopy and fuselage spine would be free of the flattened profile that afflicts Has's effort.

They may even be able/considering working backwards to do early Gs and even the F..... so not all gloom and doom....

Matt

• Members

Maybe casting copies of the Hasegawa 'beule' (the MG131 feed chute fairings) will work. As long as the fuselages have the same section in this area...?

Both kits have pros and cons, I do agree with Wumm though that it's a shame that Revell didn't manage to claim the 'best '32nd Bf109G' crown - they were so close.  I'll give at least one of these a go, and knowing that at some point they'll probably end up at £10 each at shows or somewhere like Modelzone, probably a lot more.... :) .

The engineering of the wings and fuselage looks to allow the 109G-10 to be kitted by swapping out a few panels (even various AS versions - the G-5, 6 and 14). Those kits would have definite edge over the Has kits as the canopy and fuselage spine would be free of the flattened profile that afflicts Has's effort.

They may even be able/considering working backwards to do early Gs and even the F..... so not all gloom and doom....

Matt

The Hasegawa sprues usually contain at least one beule in the G-2/G-4 kits so I have  a few in the spares bin.  Personally I don't want to mess with trying to mold something unless I can do it with a simple one piece smash mold.  Hoping they correct it before the final article is released.

• 2 months later...

The Hasegawa sprues usually contain at least one beule in the G-2/G-4 kits so I have  a few in the spares bin.  Personally I don't want to mess with trying to mold something unless I can do it with a simple one piece smash mold.  Hoping they correct it before the final article is released.

Hello everybody

I am new to this forum but have been hanging arround other modelling forums for years...my name is Uwe and I am from Germany.

On the "Beule" issues with the new Revell 109...I have already tried exactly what mikester suggested only to find that the fuselage of Revell has a slightly different curve then the one from Hasegawa. The Hase "Beule" fits but it rides higher than the Revell ones causing a too large gap between the "Beule" buttom and the super charger intake. I also think that Revell's "Beulen" are a touch undersized and could do with mor detail...so I guess we will just have to wait (a short time) for one of the master resin bakers to come up with a replacment.

cheers

Uwe

• Like 1

• Members

Hello everybody

I am new to this forum but have been hanging arround other modelling forums for years...my name is Uwe and I am from Germany.

On the "Beule" issues with the new Revell 109...I have already tried exactly what mikester suggested only to find that the fuselage of Revell has a slightly different curve then the one from Hasegawa. The Hase "Beule" fits but it rides higher than the Revell ones causing a too large gap between the "Beule" buttom and the super charger intake. I also think that Revell's "Beulen" are a touch undersized and could do with mor detail...so I guess we will just have to wait (a short time) for one of the master resin bakers to come up with a replacment.

cheers

Uwe

Uwe, thanks for the input, I was afraid that this might be the case.  And welcome to the forums!

Uwe,

:1051927712:

Cool place to hang out!

These guys have helped me out a great deal since I joined.  Thanks to this crew, I now know the difference between a 109E and a 109G, and then some :lol:

Cheers,  Ian

• Members

Well there goes that idea. I trawled through my spares box looking for my extra cannon buldges too, oh well.

Brad, the Hasegawa bulges are not a perfect fit but with a little filler on the forward edge they look fine.  I've installed them on the one I'm working on now and it's a definite upgrade over the kit parts.

Will post some pics next week.

• 2 months later...