The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fw 190A-5, 3./JG 54. "Yellow 8" (1/32 Hasegawa)

• Members

Already matched my build total for last year! Fw 190A-5 of 3./JG 54, "Yellow 8" flown by Robert "Bazi" Weiss. 1/32 Hasegawa Fw 190A-5 with a few add-ons and mods (truthfully the kit doesn't need much):

• Quickboost exhausts and guns
  • Montex wheels and belly pan
  • Eduard STEEL seatbelts
  • Scratch-built pitot tube
  • Riveted with Radu B riveting wheel
  • Montex mask for markings
  • CMK resin seat
  • Corrected dashboard coaming
  • Added headrest armor brace wires

Typical Hasegawa 190, shake n' bake, no drama.  I elected to go with the locally mixed greens theory for JG 54.  I used Tamiya Deep Green and Black Green.  I wish I would have got a little more contrast but in reality the colors probably would have blended/faded to low contrast anyway (i.e. RLM 70/71).  Weathered with AK weathering enamels and Windsor and Newton Raw Umber for the panel line wash.  Enjoyable build, was never able to find a pic of the real aircraft so hopefully I came somewhat close!

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

• Like 4

Nice mikester,

I like that matte finish, you produced here, nice looking Würger in an unusual camo. I would have liked another view from above. The effect of the yellow stripe, disrupted by the opened canopy adds a nice touch.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

I would have liked another view from above.

And also of the cockpit and rivet detail. And would it kill ya to put up some WIP shots as well?

But seriously, good solid work again Mike'O. Colour choices look spot on for a relatively fresh bird which matches the weathering you've applied. Lovely!

• Like 1

• Members
2 hours ago, Wumm said:

And also of the cockpit and rivet detail. And would it kill ya to put up some WIP shots as well?

But seriously, good solid work again Mike'O. Colour choices look spot on for a relatively fresh bird which matches the weathering you've applied. Lovely!

:lol: I'm terrible about WIP shots but I'm going to try to get get better, got a Ju 88C-2 coming up that I'll do a full build report on.

• Like 1

Thanx mikester, great job with that "Grünherz" (green heart) and the photos. I like that scheme with subtle contrasts which differs from the standard a lot.
What is the idea behind the faded tips of the propeller?

Cheers Rob

• Members
4 hours ago, DocRob said:

Thanx mikester, great job with that "Grünherz" (green heart) and the photos. I like that scheme with subtle contrasts which differs from the standard a lot.
What is the idea behind the faded tips of the propeller?

Cheers Rob

Jut trying to simulate the paint wear sometimes observed on the tips of the propeller blades:

fw190-maintenance.jpg

Jut trying to simulate the paint wear sometimes observed on the tips of the propeller blades:

Thanx for enlightening me mikester, I wasn't aware of that, meaning I didn't do my research to well ;)

Cheers Rob