The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Pictures of the Sukhoi S-70 "Okhotnik"

Martinnfb

I was so right when over a decade ago I related to the 5th generation fighters as being a swan song for the manned fighter jets. 

This is how the future will look. Ground tests of the new Russian 6th gen. project called S-70 Okhotnik (hunter) Flight tests are in the preparation stage. Apparently S-70 should be used as a wingman for the Su-57 and hit targets designated by pilot.

Also project T-50-3 is serving as a piloted laboratory for S-70 program.

Sukhoi-Su-57-4-800x1067.jpg

Presence of the Northrop Grumman X-47B, Being X-45C, BAE Raven and nEUROn proves the point above and all of this makes me think abuot the Skynet taking over and Arnold coming back from the future LOL 

Cheers :)

M.

ucav_russia_2b.jpg'

dddafvv.jpg?quality=85

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

No the American X-47 has no visible exhaust cans, I believe the Horten  did not have to worry about heat seeking missles.

That is not exactly correct, Germans were working on variety of missiles including heat seeking ones. They were  also developing proximity fuses and application specific warheads. Much of this research was use in post war US and Soviet development.

Also modern radar system do not relay solely on one form of detection, usually it is combination of the whole range on the wave spectrum.

• Like 1