The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

FPL Avenger

Great work there Tony. 

My sister dropped off a bunch of EAA Sport Aviation magazines over Christmas and the July 2019 issue has an article about firebombers and their history. It's a nice read. They mention the FPL Avengers in it.

Carl

• Like 2

I think there are some trumpeter accuracy issues here too.

notice in the picture, the oval grab handle seems to be lover than on the trumpeter kit. If you follow the lines across, you can see. I also saw how they have a mesh screen and plexiglass window, looks like you have some internal scratch building to do there...

6B5EC90D-DE1D-4D83-998B-38A2D455140A.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

I think there are some trumpeter accuracy issues here too.

notice in the picture, the oval grab handle seems to be lover than on the trumpeter kit. If you follow the lines across, you can see. I also saw how they have a mesh screen and plexiglass window, looks like you have some internal scratch building to do there...

6B5EC90D-DE1D-4D83-998B-38A2D455140A.jpeg

Yea, I've been over the outer airframe with Jeff and Mario from FPL.  There a couple vents.  1 on each side and two forward of the tank under the nose.  22 had the rear "door" painted over so you can't really see in there.  I'm going to open up the vents and use mesh and plasticard to build the side vents.  I'll run a but of internal plumbing to show the vent heading into the fuselage. 

Also, great catch on the handle there Mark.  I may have to move that lower.

• Like 2

• Administrators

This is what makes it fun, Tony!

An entire community catching stuff and creating you more work. But everyone’s jumping onboard here, so I can safely say that your Avenger is going to be the “Group” build of the year.  Phenomenal detective work so far!

I can’t wait to have our two builds on the table together. Two Canadian classics!  Hoo Rah, man!

• Like 1