The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Oddly enought his is the first Spit I have ever built, and I do realize that I set the canopy on bckwards when I took these pictures..oops. I hope you like her!!  P1010207.jpg

P1010210.jpg

P1010205-1.jpg

P1010212.jpg

P1010214.jpg

P1010211-1.jpg

P1010213.jpg

I should have dusted her a little better, but my pics will improve with time...

Guest styrenedemon

Love me some Spitfire! Looks really good. Are the invasion stripes painted of decals? They settled down nicely of decals. I like that you didn't paint the crowbar red too. ;)

Did you know pilot's were fined £5 if they taxied in with flaps down? Spitfire flaps were retracted after landing to avoid damaging them.

There are almost no pics of parked aircraft with flaps down. All you have to do is select flaps up, the little lever in the left hand corner

Just over the oxygen indicator.

Very nice build.

Cees

Guest styrenedemon

Did you know pilot's were fined £5 if they taxied in with flaps down? Spitfire flaps were retracted after landing to avoid damaging them.

There are almost no pics of parked aircraft with flaps down. All you have to do is select flaps up, the little lever in the left hand corner

Very nice build.

Cees

I did know this...well I knew there were orders to keep the up once on the ground. I really struggled with deciding what to do with them on my build. I generally don't care much about these kinds of accuracy issues, and I love flaps down because it adds interest. However, I love the luck of a clean Spit and there were some pin marks I didn't care to tackle on the inside surfaces. So, up won out.

• Like 1

Very nice build.

Cees

OOps, well I don't have 5 pounds right now so I will just have to promise I will remember this when I get around to building another Spit. Always about learning new things though, thanks!

• Like 2