Jump to content

FarEast

Members
  • Content Count

    325
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

324 Excellent

About FarEast

  • Rank
    LSM Member
  • Birthday 08/29/1975

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Yokohama, Japan
  • Interests
    Cycling
    Large Scale models
    1/144 scale WWI models for the game Wings of War/Glory
    Reading

Recent Profile Visitors

1,203 profile views
  1. Sorry for the poor quality images, was using the phone camera as the wife needed my Nikon for work. The legs were next up and these proved to be a little fiddly with all the little details - especially the chrome around the top of the thigh. Time for some assembly.
  2. Some more quality time on Saturday due to poor weather! The abdomen was a little tricky to paint and so I decided to paint before assembly, due to the nature of the kits it's nice to be able to preassemble to see how it will look and then unsnap the parts and then permanently bond them. I had to take a break from the work to pick my son up from his soccer camp so took the opportunity to pick up some other goodies!
  3. So I had to take a day off school as both my kids are on spring break - I work in a different school district so my spring break is out by a week to theirs. (It has its benefits though! HAHA) So I was able to dedicate a little more time to this build. So it was time to go at the shoulder joints and mixing up the beautiful golden orange that highlights the joint - which meant cleaning off all the original paint I had laid last week and starting again. I started with a flat white base. Followed by that glorious orange - yellow that was mixed up specifically for the bu
  4. Sorry for posting in the wrong section - realised the group is now "Home of Armour and Aviation"
  5. So while my current Wingnut Wings build dries after putting the laquer on I decided to start on this commissioned build. Having started assembly I quickly realised I wanted one for myself so with the colour ranges I need in hand it was time to hit the hobby store! So first up was mixing the special "black" The kit really is a snap-fit kit and goes together without the need of and glue, however as there are joins in visible areas I would need to bond the plastic to enable me to sand them smooth.
  6. Sometimes you just got to bite the bullet and take the hard route. I started dry fitting the cockpit together and started to wonder why things looked a little strange, the answer is that the side console is missing from the Gotha G.V and it has a completely different dashboard and instrument panel! The throttle controls and compass are now in the bay on the left side along with the airspeed indicator and all of the dials and switches are now directly in front of the pilot on a much larger console. This meant two things, one that I would have to remove the side console and two build a comple
  7. So today was the point of no return and started chopping away at the Gotha G.IV. The parts made by Ron Kootje are fantastic and match the exact thickness of the Wingnut Wings fuselage - once positioned I bonded it with gel type CA and left to cure.
  8. Many thanks everyone for the kind words and also the critique it does keep the wheels turning! After attaching the turnbuckles for internal bracing wires it was time to make sure the fit was still good. I decided to leave the rigging for another time as I was feeling a little mentally tired from 8 straight hours at the bench and completely forgetting to eat anything. Time to turn in!
  9. Over the past three days I've had some quality bench time with the Gotha G.IV /V build. I used a combination of Tamiya colours, Uschi van der Rosten wood decals and oils for the wood. From there it was a case of slowly building up the detailing with the kit parts and also the HGW Super detail kit. Also special thanks to Ray Rimell for the use of the Gotha! script from the Special Datafile.
  10. So here she is, the Aviattic Marienfelde Lorry and Masterbox Ltd. Horse drawn limber were nice distractions but now for the fun!
  11. So I'm calling this part 90% done and it will be put on the back burner until ready to be placed within the Diorama - a few more items to go in the back of the limber as well as more weathering - mostly muddy things up a little. As you can see I decided to make some blinkers for the horse - don't want the poor beasts bolting! The coat of arms has been removed and a little weathering over it - several more coats will be applied to bring it to contrast with the other areas. I will also burnish or weather the pole arm chains as they coming up way to bright in the photos - I may even turn then
×
×
  • Create New...