The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Xtracolor help needed

JohnB

I'm preparing to start painting the Tamiya Lancaster and find that my stock of Xtracolor RAF Dk. Green and Dk. Earth have problems. I want to replace them but, as far as I know, no one in the States carries Xtracolor anymore. What I need is 2 tinlets each of X1 Dk. Green and X2 Dk. Earth. Can one of you guys in England help me out on some? Needless to say I will foot the cost of the paint and shipping. If someone here in the US can help that would be the quickest way to get what I need. (It wouldn't have to be 2 tinlets of each if push comes to shove LOL.) THANKS!!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, leitch144 said:

John

Have you tried colourcoats, they are enamel and available here in the states?

https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/c/RAFFAA/1268/1/#.X_7akBZOmHs

I have had good results with them.

Andy

I use Xtracolor as my main paint but I also Colourcoats, they work just as good as Xtracolour but give more of a satin finish rather than the super glossy finish of Xtracolour, I use the Xtracolour thinners on them just as I would use on Xtracolor.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 3

Thanks guys. Yes, I have some Colourcoats paints and have used them in the past. They work well but I really wanted the gloss finish of Xtracolor paints this time around due to the large decals and the possibility of silvering, etc. I think I will just go on and use the Colourcoats this time anyway and then overspray with clear gloss although I was hoping to avoid that.

Thanks again!!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GusMac said:

Hi John

Hannants carries the Xtracolor paints and has the two shades you need in stock. They're £1.85 for a 14 ml tin. You might be able to order direct from them?

The last I heard they were not allowed to ship enamels to the US. I looked at their site and saw they had the one's I need but didn't try to order them. Might have been a mistake on my part so I'll give it try. We will see! Thanks!!!!:)

• Like 1

As I expected they can't ship enamel paints to the US. BUMMER.

A few years ago I got some via a contact in England but, since I've slept since then, I don't remember who it was. I was hoping to find someone who would send me some "under the radar" so to speak. :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I was just reading on Cybermodeler that Kitlinx has Xtracolor paints. 

I looked it up and they've got the Green in stock. 

https://www.kitlinx.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=XOX001&title=RAF-Dark-Green

Yes, I saw that but I'd need both. One of our members has offered to send me what I need from England so now I'm okay for those. Thanks!!!!

• Like 4