Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Kitlinx - thumbs down

A little frustrated with Kitlinx.  Back in December, I ordered what were supposed to be their last two Taurus gnome engines in stock.  Rest of the order, which included other Taurus aftermarket, arrived no problems.  The Taurus engines, however, were not in the box and as everyone knows, they aren't exactly inexpensive.  I've now sent four or five emails directly to Loic without any response.  

I've bought from Kitlinx in the past and never had a problem.  Even on a prior order, I had purchased a resin figure set which was missing some parts and a replacement was sent.  

So, my money will go elsewhere.  Just wanted to pass along my experience so others aren't similarly impacted.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

The last order I sent to Sprue Br was for a couple items. Wen the box arrived, no GTR exhaust set for F16. I emailed the and they apologized.  Also refunded my payment. So I got the balance of my order for free. When I pulled the trigger, it was listed in stock. But was out when they went to fill the order....harv

• Like 4

Can't say enough about Sprue Brothers - my number one go to vendor. Orders arrive on time and the few issues I've had plus a refund or two have always been handled promptly. Aces in my book.

Now for their new web site - I personally liked the old site much better.

Peter 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've only ordered once from Kitlinx. The service was fine.

Unfortunately they mislabeled the box contents and I got hammered on duties when it came across. Plus they didn't mention that they used UPS so on top of that, got hit with UPS' outrageous brokerage fees when it arrived. 

Sprue Brothers are great but due to COVID, the shipping costs to Canada from just about any where are crazy unless you can slip it into an envelope. 

Carl

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I dealt with Great Models for years with no issues. I put Kitlinx on my vendors list when Loic started it up. I have not ordered anything from them yet, most often what I want he doesn't have. The few times he's had sale prices that were attractive his shipping costs killed the deal. Sprue Brothers is only about 500 miles away and Kitlinx is closer to 2,500 miles away so Sprue Brothers usually wins in the shipping department.

• Like 3