The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Eduard 1/32 Bf109E......?

Has anyone built any of the Eduard 1/32 kits. I know they have a propensity it re-box other manufacturers kits. I am led to believe that this is all Eduard? Been looking at this and never built a large 109.........thoughts, observations etc etc.....Thanks.....

32E00DEE-0532-41C1-90F4-7996EBDBC6C3.jpeg.78b3dd0c3d7fe35f57fa5f6042adfbdc.jpeg

• Like 5

I built one a little while back. 

IMG_20200713_152925-600x450.jpg

IMG_20200713_152916-600x450.jpg

It was enjoyable enough and I don't recall any huge issues with the build. I think some folks have said there are some shape issues but I didn't know enough about 109s to recognize them. 

Carl

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I built one a little while back. 

Thanks Carl, I also know nothing about 109’s .......the kit is very reasonably priced for a LSM and has some Brassin goodies thrown in.....very tempted...

• Like 4

I started one some years ago and liked what I saw. It's indeed an Eduard production. I'm not knowledgeable enough to have seen shape issues and don't care too much, if it looks about 109nish.
I have a Brassin engine, cockpit and gun set along some figures for mine, which I think is non essential, if you want to build her buttoned up. I plan a rare (for me) maintenance dio with the cowlings off.
Thanks for reminding me to continue with mine Phil ;).

It's this boxing with the same plastic.

Boxart Bf 109E 1156 Eduard

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Would be great to see Rob, not many of the Eduard kits are featured in WIP......

That's mainly caused by the ME-109 E, being their only 1/32 kit, with the only addition of the Me-108 lately, which was originally produced by someone else. At least I contributed two 1/48 scale WIP's from Eduards SSW's to LSM last year :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, DocRob said:

That's mainly caused by the ME-109 E, being their only 1/32 kit, with the only addition of the Me-108 lately, which was originally produced by someone else. At least I contributed two 1/48 scale WIP's from Eduards SSW's to LSM last year :D.

Cheers Rob

I’d forgotten about those, I was under the illusion that Eduard had more 1/32 in their stable......you learn something everyday......also I think their E is relatively old, 10 years ??.

• Like 5