The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

32nd Scale Nissen hut (Scratch build)

Been asked to show my large scale Nissen hut that will serve as a backdrop for my up-coming Lancaster diorama . . .

A simple 6" plastic pipe cut to the appropriate size, some embossed timber on plasti-card and some square micro-strip.

Hopefully the photos are self-explanatory

32nd-Nissen-hut.jpg

32nd-Nissen-hut-001.jpg

32nd-Nissen-hut-003.jpg

32nd-Nissen-hut-002.jpg

32nd-Nissen-hut-004.jpg

32nd-Nissen-hut-005.jpg

32nd-Nissen-hut-006

and the finished result

32nd-Nissen-hut-005.jpg

rgds

Ian

• Like 6

That looks stunning Ian. Didn’t know so far that these huts were called Nissen-Huts (Name of the invented?)!

Nice touch with the figure in front and the smoke on the chimney! 

How many square-feet will your diorama have and how many Lancs will you put on it? 

• Like 1

The Nissen hut was designed by a South African engineer from his mining days, Col. Nissen, prior to WWI

The size that I shall base my diorama on will be on an 8ft x 4ft board and it will only hold One 32nd HK Lancaster . . . 

There will be some support vehicles & ground equipment as well (yet to build the battery starter cart from IconicAir).

1401131691_HKvehiclesequipment(4).thumb.JPG.2dac09cdc8c755ae40d5a7f1cebb1343.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FME erk said:

The Nissen hut was designed by a South African engineer from his mining days, Col. Nissen, prior to WWI

The size that I shall base my diorama on will be on an 8ft x 4ft board and it will only hold One 32nd HK Lancaster . . . 

There will be some support vehicles & ground equipment as well (yet to build the battery starter cart from IconicAir).

1401131691_HKvehiclesequipment(4).thumb.JPG.2dac09cdc8c755ae40d5a7f1cebb1343.JPG

Stunning collection of accessories Ian!

This will be an awesome diorama when finished.

• Like 2