The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

1/32 Revell Bf109G-6 @ Sprue Bros!

wrnjr

I did order two, but one goes to a friend!

This just may be Revell's license to print money. I might go the tower hobbies route next time. I'm just very glad that they have kept this affordable, at a time I often feel like I'm being priced out of the hobby...

Got my tracking number yesterday.  The kit should land tomorrow.  

Also whoever pulls off aftermarket bulges, exhausts and landing gear will absolutely clean up.

Doog, have it on good authority from an aftermartket parts maker in the IPMS chapter I'm in, bulges & other upgrades are coming soon.

Even with some aftermarket upgrades, wheels, bulges, seat belts, some spiffy decals, you'll still come out less than than the street price of the 1/32 Hasegawa G-6!   

Damn, I saw them out here for $50.

Where dat Brad?

Still yet to appear up here in Qld to my knowledge. Although they may have sold out already...

Still, $50 + $10 for postage plus whatever more for the aftermarket to cover the fundamentals that Revell should have included is a lot more that $25 Stateside. Or for that matter the bunch of Hasegawas I picked up along the way for $35 Au.

S

Where dat Brad?

Still yet to appear up here in Qld to my knowledge. Although they may have sold out already...

Still, $50 + $10 for postage plus whatever more for the aftermarket to cover the fundamentals that Revell should have included is a lot less that $25 Stateside. Or for that matter the bunch of Hasegawas I picked up along the way for $35 Au.

S

Showcase Models Australia here in Melbourne, John had 1 on the shelf when I was there last week.

• Members

I'm not throwing away my Hasegawa kits by any means!  Being a Yank living in Japan (with a military address) I get the best of both worlds, Japanese retail prices and duty free mail order from the USA.  I pay about $35 US for a Hasegawa 109 here, or I can mail order the Revell for $25 from the US.

I'm waiting for the dust to settle on the price of the add-ons for the Revell to see what the finall tally will be after the Beule and a few other upgrades that it needs are out.  I suspect after all is said and done both kits will wind up costing me about the same.

Likewise Mike...

Have a quite large stash of the Hasegawa's too. But the Revell seems to have some better features, despite the drawbacks. And new aftermarket underwing gondolas, cowl Buelen and other items tossed into the mix can also benefit the G-4 versions of those older Hasegawa and Pro-Modeler kits as well as the new Revell.

A win-win situation all 'round...

S

• Members

Steve,

The more time I spend with the Revell kit the more I like Hasegawa.  The Revell kit has a lot of strong points but I think Hasegawa really is an easier build, which goes a long way in my book.  Perhaps I need some more Revell kits under my belt (I've got a lot of experience with Hasegawa) to sort out it's idiosynchrosies but I'm spending more time sanding and filling than I really like with the Revell kit.

I am enjoying the Revell kit... Yes agree with Mike and Matt, with the WTF moments... But its still a pretty nice kit, I would seriously think about the Revell kit over the Hasegawa kit when there is more AM out for it.

I too need to get around to my Trumpeter kit!

• Members

I'm going to another Trumpy 109 too, I finally found some decals for an Italian G-6 that I've wanted to do for a while.  The fit on the Trumpeter kit is outstanding, as good or better than Hasegawa.  It does need some tweaks here and there but overall it's a pretty good kit.