The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Resin 3D printing

mark31

Mark, you may also need the CAD element as well. Not sure if you’re proficient in 3D software packages, of course this will be on top of the printer. I briefly looked at a printer but the differences of the quality of the print depended on the price you paid, that is what I deduced. Maybe completely wrong. The good thing is I have access to all the relevant software, just need to refresh myself with the plethora of alternative suites you can use.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Mark, you may also need the CAD element as well. Not sure if you’re proficient in 3D software packages, of course this will be on top of the printer. I briefly looked at a printer but the differences of the quality of the print depended on the price you paid, that is what I deduced. Maybe completely wrong. The good thing is I have access to all the relevant software, just need to refresh myself with the plethora of alternative suites you can use.

Thanks and yes i know i will need sotware

But what software to use i know there is cad and other brands

So what is user friendly

And with the printers like you said it all depends on how crazy you whant to go

I would like to use to print some figures at the first place from already exsisting files

And trying in the mean time to learn how to draw on the pc.

There are also difrent types off resins out there ranging from 30 euro for 1kg to 150 euro

Also looking for more info on the curing progress

its done with uv light

some people using a special case for it others let it cure in the sun.

So i think still off resaerch ahaed and learning

Mark

• Like 1

I have an Anycubic Photon resin printer that I like a lot, and I use Autodesk Fusion 360 to create the files needed to print. The printer itself and the slicing software that comes with are easy to use, learning Fusion 360 is much harder. Very possible though, if you have any experience with 3D modeling software.

• Thanks 1

Watching the rise of the printers, it did become evident if you cant make the files you will be buying them from someone who can.

Seeing peeps trying to implement free software , rather than buy more useable programs , is evident as well.

My own conclusions were that the free software will limit out at some point.

I made an investment in Vectrics V carve program for my cnc router.

I put aside 6 weeks for the learning curve , became fairly proficient in 4.

So 2 valid points;

There is no way around the creation of the files , you either can , or you cant.

Investing your time and money in a complete program is better than investing your time into a free program , one that will eventually reach its limit .

Your experience may differ.

lol

• Thanks 1