The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

B1 paint scheme

lawman56

Hi all, I'm having a difficult time finding a paint pattern for the B1 bomber in the early to mid 90s. I know they used the generic green/green/charcoal scheme, but I can't find any good pics of how the pattern was laid out. Any help would be great! Thanks.

Hi Joe,

You mean you are working on a 1/72 or 1/48 kit? AFAIK there is no kit in "our" scale. LSM

Is intended for 1/32 or larger. Although the B1 is a large aircraft in kitform. Perhaps the

Hyperscale forum can help you.

Sorry,

Cees

Hi Cees,

I realize the forum is for 1/32 or larger, but I was hoping someone who may have built a large scale A-10 or late model F-4 might have an idea of where I could find the info regarding the paint pattern, since it was a common paint scheme at that time. I've put feelers out through Hyperscale, among others, but thought I might get a better response here.

• Like 1

• Members

Joe, see if you can find a copy of USAF T.O. 1-1-4 "EXTERIOR FINISHES, INSIGNIA AND MARKINGS,APPLICABLE TO USAF AIRCRAFT" from the approximate time frame you're looking for, that should have the specific pattern and paint colors.  I found a copy on-line but unfortunately it was published prior to the B-1 deployment.

Thanks guys. That has helped me immensly! I'm doing a 1/144 B1 for a friend who was an electrician on one from the 28th wing. It was named "Lone Wolf" and hit a mountain while training in Texas with a loss of all hands. Sadly his pics show the nose art, but that's it.