Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

ANIMALS IN OUR LIVES :)

Martinnfb

On 2/21/2023 at 10:14 AM, Martinnfb said:

I hate to ask , what happened to the rotties ?

image.thumb.jpeg.dbaaaa6da6024b609a311cc148d92a52.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f6fca7537f81d6d15d6c273674109da0.jpeg

Zeus and Tori were both euthanized when their joint problems began to affect their lives too much.  Zeus had hip displasia, and Tori had what we suspect was bone cancer in the knee which had been reconstructed when she was younger.  Their pup, Gypsy is still here, though very old and starting to suffer another joint problem.

• Sad 7

On 2/21/2023 at 3:45 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks like somebody is having fun.

Any luck on a new couch? We finally ordered one this last weekend. Sue said Jimmy isn't allowed on it. I think that'll last about 5 minutes.

And in the meantime 

9FFDE025-BBCD-4C3D-B04B-958E4E49783A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

7 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Waiparous Creek and falls. Vehicular traffic is permitted only in the winter months, the creek will become much bigger in the spring and can be quite dangerous.

I vaguely remember that name but have no firmer recollection.  I used to fish the Bow at Fish Creek Park,  the Raven north of Calgary, Fallen Timber northish west  and even drove through the Highwood to fish Lake McPhail.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2023 at 9:28 PM, Martinnfb said:

I’m still relatively new to the area, slowly exploring it’s beauty

It was beautiful in the 1970's.  The prairies to the east and foothills/Rockies to the west.  I think the Olympics had an impact on the Kananaskis where I used to spend some time but you can’t stop change/progress.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So I had to go to my folks' place this morning. Sue brings Jimmy along for a walk. About 3 blocks away from my parents' house Sue turns and heads home with Jimmy and I continue onward. I'm almost there when Sue calls me saying Jimmy broke free of her grip on the leash and is tearing my way. I turn around and there he is. Except he runs right past me to my parents' porch and sits down in front of the door.  My dad opens the door, my sister's dog comes out and they go off to play. 

Sue thought he was coming to get me but really he just wanted to play with my sister's dog. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...