Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

AFV M1130 Stryker CV/TACP

Hello everybody...

While the paint is drying on another model, I thought I would start a build on here. This will be my third model, so you will have to excuse any mistakes that are made  :)

I bought the AFV as an open-box and hope that all the parts are there. If not, I guess we will make do. This model looks very busy and should tax the old brain cells, a bit. I am a big fan of building from the box...nothing wrong with aftermarket, though.

Anyway, so here we go...

str1_zpse4daade3.jpg

str2_zps65c2cbd4.jpg

I have plenty of Mr. Surfacer and spare brushes. I will give it a shot.

Really surprised on the level of detail on the hull...but somehow miss putting on the anti-slip surface.

BTW...thanks nmayhew and Jeroen for jumping in.

Have started work on the bottom hull.

str4_zpsc7a13595.jpg

• Like 1

I believe the suspension is done except for some PE bolt heads. I might be able to make better looking bolt heads...have to give it a try, tomorrow. Also, completed four tires and the PE suspension covers.

The Raiders/Chargers game is finishing and so am I   :)

str6_zpse991f23e.jpg

Don't think we have a Vikings Fan here yet...

I know that we have Raiders, Cowboys, Broncos and (cough... cough...) Steelers...

No worries... I hope they help and give you a couple of ideas

Slow going, but still cleaning and gluing. The detail is great, but really makes for a slow build.

While building this vehicle a funny question came up. With its current armor, this vehicle would seem to be a death trap for anything above small arms fire. I know slats can be added to protect against rocket attacks. Should they run into a recoiless gun(which are quite common) it seems they would be destroyed. Also, the bottom of the vehicle would suffer badly from IED's because of its shape. And god help you if enemy armor should come into play. It would be a cheap platform for carrying a large caliber gun...but I am not seeing the practicality of its use as a infantry carrier.

str13_zps51c5988b.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there! Just saw that you were trying to make the periscopes look realistic. Try AFV Club's anti-reflection stickers. Sprue Brothers should have them. Actually, here's the link. Click it and it should take you directly to the item. Looks great when you get them on! Anyways here you go:

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/afvac35011.htm

Not trying to hijack your thread but here's a pic of how they turn out! All the lenses on my Bradley got the AFV Club sticker treatment. Hope that helps!

post-716-0-25623000-1384152119_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there! Just saw that you were trying to make the periscopes look realistic. Try AFV Club's anti-reflection stickers. Sprue Brothers should have them. Actually, here's the link. Click it and it should take you directly to the item. Looks great when you get them on! Anyways here you go:

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/afvac35011.htm

Not trying to hijack your thread but here's a pic of how they turn out! All the lenses on my Bradley got the AFV Club sticker treatment. Hope that helps!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hey Abramsguy21,

What paint color and manufacturer did you use to paint the Bradley???