The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Some things are better in wood!

Irishman1

12 hours ago, Irishman1 said:

I’m on Camano island, just north of Seattle both beautiful!! Less humidity here tho!!!

Yea, a LOT less!  During the summer if I’m not floating in the lake, I’m in the house.  Sometimes we have to chew our way through the humidity to get to the water.  Down on the dock it isn’t as bad due to the lake cooling effect.  Mid August that goes away though. 

• Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 10:18 AM, Landlubber Mike said:

I put my first (and only) completed ship in a plexiglass/wood display case, and it looks like the day I finished it, but the cost was painful.

That will not be a problem for me Mike but I do need to build another floor cabinet #1 is full.Irishman the build of the Cutty Sark is quite Splendid and the fact it's mainly scratch raises it a notch!How long on the 3rd attempt?:notworthy:

• Like 1

• Administrators

Irishman1, Welcome to LSM!

What a grand beginning here with that stunning scratchbuild China Clipper.  So, in the end, was it finally settled? Catty Sark or Thermopylae?  They were both greyhounds of the sea and pretty well matched, coming down in the end to the crewing and blind luck of the weather.  They both could and did set a blistering pace on the trades. 
Those 1/24 scale aircraft are awesome!  You need to try the new 1/24 Airfix kits. Their Typhoons and Hellcat are fist class models, and an FAA Hellcat is like catnip to this old boy.

Im one of the wooden ship builders on this site, and take much of the blame for sucking Mike into plastic, but Mike sucked me into wooden ships, so we’re even 😀🤣

wood ships are definitely welcome here, although we concentrate more on armor and aircraft. There are a few gifted shipbuilders here and they’ll make myself known

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2022 at 4:38 PM, KevinM said:

That will not be a problem for me Mike but I do need to build another floor cabinet #1 is full.Irishman the build of the Cutty Sark is quite Splendid and the fact it's mainly scratch raises it a notch!How long on the 3rd attempt?:notworthy:

All told, 2 years

11 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Irishman1, Welcome to LSM!

What a grand beginning here with that stunning scratchbuild China Clipper.  So, in the end, was it finally settled? Catty Sark or Thermopylae?  They were both greyhounds of the sea and pretty well matched, coming down in the end to the crewing and blind luck of the weather.  They both could and did set a blistering pace on the trades. 
Those 1/24 scale aircraft are awesome!  You need to try the new 1/24 Airfix kits. Their Typhoons and Hellcat are fist class models, and an FAA Hellcat is like catnip to this old boy.

Im one of the wooden ship builders on this site, and take much of the blame for sucking Mike into plastic, but Mike sucked me into wooden ships, so we’re even 😀🤣

wood ships are definitely welcome here, although we concentrate more on armor and aircraft. There are a few gifted shipbuilders here and they’ll make myself known

EE0D25E0-A915-4898-8D80-5F5B0E2FDA4B.jpeg

• Like 1