The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Finally! A HGW Seatbelt Assembly kit

CANicoll

Look what showed up in the mail this week!

image.thumb.jpeg.f1ed1ef2a5ba0caa6c8149e65fea91df.jpeg

These actually are for my next Bf-109 build, but these are for the Me-262:

image.thumb.jpeg.4e325fc1b96dbda4bdb554423add7174.jpeg

And I stumbled onto the ultimate HGW Seatbelt Assembly Kit.  Comes in many different configurations to match your requirements:

image.thumb.jpeg.1ffcdad14762d3016510cdde589d4c6f.jpeg

The pink tablets are Pepto Bismol for our international friends.  Sooths upset stomachs...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Yes...   Having used HGW belts...   I won't buy anything else.

You can't buy Pepto here in Australia.  They've decided it's not good for children.  Heck...  when I was a kid, that stuff was pink magic in a bottle.  I never liked the taste though...   but it's still the best thing in the world.

• Like 3

I prefer the Benedictine, very useful for classic cocktails. I always have a bottle in my bar, right between Chartreuse and different Absinth's.

You'll like the HGW belts. They are fiddly to assemble, but with good tweezers and a magnifier all can be done. Do yourself a favor and leave the PE on the fret for fiddling the belts through, makes life much easier.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

I have a question. Knowing 1/32 is 3.375 times more volume than 1/48, is the prescription in inverse proportion for the adjuvant, i.e. 3.375 more adjuvant to successfully complete a 1/48 belt ? Inquiring minds want to know :wine:

Hubert

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Gary,  Eons ago on a business trip to Australia (Melbourne) I got a very bad case of food poisoning (some bad duck).  I was, literally, dying for some Pepto Bismol ( I ended up losing nearly 14kg/30lbs).  It is like eating chalk, but it does work.  I keep a good supply in my travel bag now.

Doc - I've assembled the HGW belts several times and it took me a while to land on the magical advice you provided - definitely easier to thread through the belts while the buckles are on the fret.  Embarassed at how long it took me to figure that out! Benedictine and I have an interesting history - a story for another time!  But there is a hotel in London, in the Docklands area, where I ordered Benedictine.  Took them a while to find it, and the bottle was DUSTY, but it was there.  A year later I was back, same bartender who remembered me.  She said in that year, I was the only one who had ordered it.  

I think Hubert is on to something here.  Must investigate further!  

• Like 6

13 hours ago, DocRob said:

I prefer the Benedictine, very useful for classic cocktails. I always have a bottle in my bar, right between Chartreuse and different Absinth's.

A friend of ours got our son drunk on Chartreuse at their barbeque a couple of years back. It's probably terrible parenting but there's something very funny about seeing your kids drunk for the first time, you learn new things about them. Turns out he was a very amiable drunk but just wouldn't shut up! He also couldn't understand why the bridge of his nose was sore the next day until I explained that's where he head-butted the toilet when throwing up!! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4