The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

An-2 engine explodes in flight and did not fail

Daywalker

Firstly what a beautiful  aircraft that is.. 

Shiny !!

Thank you for the video.

I read the description  of what happened: The pilot was  extremely  good (as most and many pilots trained are ... ) Daywalker aren't you a trained pilot now?!

Reading the below description  just shows the skilful pilot Handling the situation.

The engine exploded in flight and did not stall. Destruction of the piston engine of the AN-2 aircraft. The engine exploded at an altitude of 600 feet. The engine oil completely leaked out, the engine collapsed, but the engine failure did not occur. With heavy smoke, the plane landed and taxied to the parking lot. Everyone is alive and well. Thanks to the pilot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MARU 5137 said:

I read the description  of what happened: The pilot was  extremely  good (as most and many pilots trained are ... ) Daywalker aren't you a trained pilot now?!

I am, having an engine failure in flight is something we train for and pray we never experience!  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Daywalker said:

I am, having an engine failure in flight is something we train for and pray we never experience!  

I thought so having read your thread way back then on LSP..  Have you Arranged a flight with Pete Fleischmann  Yet?

And yes every eventuality and given situation as a pilot , Commercial  or otherwise,  you are taught about EVERYTHING..

Take care.

MARU5137  

:wine:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MARU 5137 said:

I thought so having read your thread way back then on LSP..  Have you Arranged a flight with Pete Fleischmann  Yet?

And yes every eventuality and given situation as a pilot , Commercial  or otherwise,  you are taught about EVERYTHING..

Take care.

MARU5137  

:wine:

Not yet, but I can't wait to fly with Pete.  Hopefully VERY soon! 😁

• Like 1